Monday, July 13, 2009

And then there were 4!!!!!!

So, I am the kind of person that needs ALOT of support! With my diabetes, it always takes things to a whole other level and makes things more complicated.

Yes, we are pregnant! We are extactic about it, you have no idea! This has been long coming and I was not sure it was going to happen--very difficult, very hard, very much an answer to a prayer.

I am just over 8 weeks along and have already had an ultrasound, been to several docs and have several more appointments. Diabetic doc tomorrow. Everything with EVERYTHING changes when you are prego, and I love it.

Felt the morning sickness. I know it isn't typical protocol to tell people this early, but not only are we so excited and I feel like I already waited a while...but, like I already said, I need the support. I need help knowing what to do and people telling me I can do it.

For me it isn't just sit and watch 10 months go by...it is ALOT of work. ALOT of testing my blood, monitoring my food and keeping track of everything---and if anything goes awry I really need the support.

We thank Heaven above for this blessing. We know many people who don't have this opportunity and our hearts go out to them. We aren't sure how many more times this can happen with my body, but as I saidwe are grateful for this little miracle as we know just conceiving is a miracle in and of itself!

Not exact on the date, even after an ultrasound ( I always like to complicate things), but it looks to be around Feb 17! Until further updates....

16 comments:

Alex Woodall said...

You guys are truly blessed to have this baby, they are the most amazing blessing, and bring so much joy, i know you can do this, everything will go well! I love you guys!

Jenessa said...

Congrats Jamie, Steve & Andy! We hope all will go well with your pregnancy and will be anxiously awaiting updates via your blog:) We love having a family of 4--it's fun and Andy will love a playmate. We're thinking abt you and praying for you guys...Love, Jae and fam

Genny said...

That is such GREAT NEWS! I am so happy for you Jamie.

Wendy Babcock said...

WooHoo! That is awesome! Have you looked into a supplemental insurance? I hear that there are things like aflac that will pay out money at the end of your pregnancy. You might look into that. Especially with all the blood work. Call my guy... Marty Fergueson 801-572-5307.

Mindi B said...

Congratulations, Jamie!!! I sincerely wish you the best with your pregnancy. What a wonderful thing to be able to have another child. I have always thought it was a miracle for us as well. :)

Amy and Kris said...

Wow Congrats! I hope all goes well!

Lydia said...

Oh, Jamie! Congratulations! I agree telling people too. I'd rather celebrate together with people, and have those same ones to mourn with if need be. We've lost one (15 weeks) and it was hard, but those same people that supported us, did just that, love & support! Take care of yourself, James. And for YAY!! it could be a Valentines day baby!

Lena Baron said...

YIIIPPEE! Congratulations! Good Luck. Stay in touch!

Brenda said...

Such happy news. Congratulations! I hope everything goes well for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jamie, I'm so excited for you guys! I just had my second child after 3 years of tears, prayers, and hard work. He was born this past February 12th but his due date was the 19th! Congratulations!!! I hope things run as smoothly as they can considering the high risk status. :D

Love,
Heather, Tony, Scarlette, and Simon

Sherri said...

We love you guys! This is so awesome!

Joseph and Divinity said...

Congratulations Jamie! We are so excited for you! Please please please let me know what we can do to help out. Good Luck

Unknown said...

Congrats Cook Family!!!
We'll keep you in our prayers. My sister-in-law has gestational diabetes, and that's hard enough. Love, Kevin, Liz, Rebecca, and Emily

Mandi said...

Super fun news, I hope that all goes well. Congratulations.

Unknown said...

Such good news! Congrats!

Shawn and Rachel Smith said...

Jamie I will support you 100 percent and guess what I will be pregnant along with you. So share your pain with me girl. I am due the 12th of Feb. I love you girl and if there is anything I can do it would be to be there for you. I know the risk and worry and pray for you always. You truly sacrifice in so many ways and I pray for nothing but blessings and good health. I love ya girl. Lets keep in touch. Roach