Monday, December 22, 2008
Portland does not like Christmas I decided. Needless to say, i will , in fact, NOT be going home for Christmas and being with my family on Christmas for the first time in YEARS.
I am really bummed. The first opening flight is of course the day after...I am going to spend more time trying to get different flights. I need to go. I have another crying session coming on.....
Monday, December 15, 2008
We are so grateful for what Christmas really stands for. Our Savior, Jesus Christ, being brought to the world and the wonderful life he lead and the way he made it possible for us to all be together forever.
I heard that people are now pushing that we say HAPPY HOLIDAYS not referring to a Merry Christmas in our schools, in our place of work, etc. How terribly sad is that? I cannot even fathom the world if that is what becomes of it. How can you take Christ out of CHRISTMAS!!???
We hope you all reflect this time on the importance of family, of giving and of the true meaning and purpose of Christmas...that being the birth of our Saviour. Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
- Visiting Steve's work to see Santa
- Attending ward Christmas party
- Going to festival of trees
- Lights at temple square
- Attending RS Christmas Party
I love Christmas time and the spirit it brings. I am so glad we have been able to enjoy so many wonderful things. We still have a wedding, a family party, caroling, and oregon for christmas.
We have taken many pics of some of the events...so i thought I would make a slide show of them....enjoy!!
Friday, December 5, 2008
8 things I did yesterday
1. Went for a walk with my baby.
2. Read scriptures with my hubby.
3. Attended the ward Christmas party.
4. Put laundry away.
5. Watched Chronicles of Narnia with hubby.
6. Took a nap while my hubby watched my baby.
7. Started watching Anne of Green Gables
8. Finished ALL THE LAUNDRY--YEAH
8 Favorite Restaurants -this is a hard one, we don't go out much
1. Olive Garden. ( absolute fav, sentimental reasons, we love it love it)
2. Texas Roadhouse (we just went there for the first time--amazing rolls)
3. TGI Fridays (this one has sentimental reasons too--love the chicken fingers)
4. Training Table ( use to get cheese fries after BYU games)
5. Chic-Fil-A (I know they aren't a restaurant, but I LOVE their chicken).
6. Wingers (not only do they have my fav--popcorn), but their food is so great!
7. Cheesecake Factory (I have only been twice, but gotta love the cheesecake!
8. Wendy's (I know it is fast food, but we are cheap and their dollar menu is awesome).
8 things I'm looking forward to
1. Our Christmas trip to Oregon
2. Steve getting accepted to medical school.
3. Getting a calling in the ward.
4. Seeing lights on temple square
5. Christmas caroling
6. Highs School musical 3 on DVD.
7. Finally getting our vents fixed so Andy doesn't freeze.
8. The new Harry Potter movie.
8 things I am NOT looking forward to
1. My baby growing up.
2. Turning 30
3. Anything with politics.
4. waitin and waiting for medical school stuff.
5. Riding on a plane with an active todler.
6. Leaving my family after Christmas.
7. Cleaning my house.
8. taking out the garbage.
8 things on my wish list
1. Steve getting into medical school (plus magically acquiring the money for it)
2. A car that works--or maybe more than one car.
3. David Archuletta soundtrack
4. Perfect Health--that is sure a dream
5. Gym membership
6. More children.
7. A new guitar.
8. To lost 60 pounds.
8 people I tag
2. Lakes -R Great clan
8. Anyone who wants to be tagged.