Monday, December 22, 2008

I'll be home for Christmas---just kidding!!

This blog is going to be short as I am so beyond depressed. I spent almost 12 hours with 2 cancelled flights at the airport today...

Portland does not like Christmas I decided. Needless to say, i will , in fact, NOT be going home for Christmas and being with my family on Christmas for the first time in YEARS.

I am really bummed. The first opening flight is of course the day after...I am going to spend more time trying to get different flights. I need to go. I have another crying session coming on.....

6 comments:

Jenessa said...

Oh Jamie...I'm so sorry to hear about your cancelled flights. I hope things work out for you to get on a flight before Christmas. I know you're looking forward to seeing them all. I'll pray things work out asap. Love ya tons and so good to see you last night...Love, Jae

Sherri said...

I'm so sorry. How awful to just sit in the airport with Andy all day for nothing. Maybe your family will wait for you to open gifts. I wish you a Merry Christmas anyway. Look at all the wonderful things you do have this Christmas.
Love ya!

Brenda said...

That is terrible! They should have extra flights to get people there before Christmas. Hopefully you can find a smile :)

Wendy Babcock said...

Jamie, I want to cry for you! I know how frustrating that can be. I believe you will just have to think of it as the holiday season and not the one day. It is the spirit of Christmas and we should really celebrate that the whole year. Enjoy the experience and make sure you write about if for Andy to read when she is older.

Sally F said...

That is the saddest thing! I feel so bad for you! I wish they would have just landed in Eugene instead of cancelling the whole flight--it's totally fine down here. I hope you find a way...or at least find some comfort. love ya!

Lydia said...

I'm so sorry, Jamie! As fast and convenient it is, sometimes it can be a real pain. I feel your pain. Last Christmas we were in JFK for 12 hour, got in on Christmas Eve evening and our bags came 2 days later. And guess where our Christmas presents were? **hugs** **loves**