Saturday, January 3, 2009

Making it Home

For those of you who were watching the news about the weather in Portland and all the cancelled flight---here is a small version of our story:

It has been an adventure from the start....From our original flight being cancelled, going home, coming back an hour later....To our second flight after hours of waiting being cancelled..
On to being on the phone constantly to see the next available flight, being there hours early for the next one we have to see if we can catch an earlier one. Two days and evenings after originally scheduled to land in Portland we finally did.
Poor little gal was just waiting in the luggage size check for fun...What else is there to do???
After arriving in Portland we drove through a BLIZZARD with wipers not working for 3 hours. Needless to say, it has been an adventure. We are loving our vacation and will love blogging about it when we get home!!
For now, I will go and enjoy it!!

6 comments:

Taffers Dawn said...

I'm so glad you were able to make it home! My friend was suppose to go to portland for xmas and never got there. I'm glad it worked out for you!

The Pyper Fam said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you made it home! It has been a mess up here this winter! Enjoy that crazy family of yours! :) (you know I love 'em!)

Sherri said...

What a crazy year! Glad you made it!

Pamela said...

I'm so glad you made it! I've been worrying about you! Have fun, be safe, and come home when you can!

Lena Baron said...

Wowsers! You were very determined to make it to Portland!:) I'm so glad that you made it safely!

Carissa J said...

Wow, I'm so glad you all made it there safe. That is scary. Hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!