Thursday, January 15, 2009

Finally Home...

After 23 DAYS in Oregon, we finally decided to come home. After a long drive and flight home, we went into a little of shock upon walking through the door. It was really such a long time since we had been home that I seriously was overwhelmed with the sense that I had to be responsible again!!!

I don't really know how to describe the feeling. There was lots of excitment to be home, be with my hubby, but the anxiety made me think that maybe we stayed a little too long. We are now home, trying to remember whatever routine we had going before and still recovering from the shock of it.

The good news is that is it a NEW YEAR and I love making goals at the New Year. Our family ( the PROBERTS) is in competition with the LAKE family (Sara's husband's family) for our own version of THE BIGGEST LOSER!!! I am not so much worried about that as I am about trying to get into shape and just be healthier all around.

I am happy to report that I feel I have made a valiant effort. I have taken less portion sizes, cut out the fat, eaten more salads and am trying to move more. Last week I lost three pounds and am on my way to losing 3 more. Today I set up our DDR workout session. I am excited and am going to try and do that every day for starters.

WISH ME LUCK!!!

6 comments:

Lydia said...

Good for you, Jamie! I decided the same thing back in September. I was not liking the size of jeans I had to buy. I started going to the gym every day and just controlling my calories and I've lost 30lbs! I haven't been this size for 5 years! You can do it! I know what you mean about the routine. We go through it when we come back from the States every summer. And it will take AT LEAST a week to get back into your old routines. It's like it feels familiar, you know how to do it, it just feels . . . odd. I don't know what it is. Good luck!!

Sherri said...

DDR is an awesome and fun workout! Have a fun time!

Jenessa said...

Welcome home! I bet it is weird to be back after being away so long, but I'm sure you have lots of stories to tell about hanging out with your fam. Way to go with the health regime--I'm trying to get in better shape myself. Hope to see you soon! Love, Jae

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Good for you, Jamie! I too am working toward losing weight, and will begin a more serious regimen once my baby is born and I'm recovered. But yeah... it seems that everyone has this resolution this year, and it's so inspiring to see so many people being successful in getting healthy, and making positive lifestyle changes!

Lakes are Great said...

What exactly is DDR?? I'm so loving the biggest loser!! I wish there were new posts everyday though...I get so excited to check out the blog! YOu guys are all doing so great! Nice to have you back to blogging :)

Mandi said...

I thought I was so original having a New Years resolution to lose weight!!!!! Good job for you. I hope that you do well. I am using the Wii Fit to try and get me back into my fat jeans. Yes that is the goal. To wear my fat jeans and not have muffin top! Good luck, it is good to do it as a group so you have other people to be accountable to. HHMMMMM, maybe I should do that! You are so cute, I am glad that you got to spend so much time with your family. I am jealous.