Sunday, January 18, 2009

The First Vision


Today was an incredible day...in Sunday school we talked about Joseph Smith's first vision. There is just something that happens to me whenever I hear that story. Our teacher asked who served foreign speaking missions and gave people an opportunity to share the first vision in the language.


It doesn't matter what language it is in, you can still feel the spirit of it. I couldn't help but go back to my mission and think of when I was teaching it in Spanish. If people understood the spirit of the first vision, they almost never faltered.
I am not going to re tell the first vision ( you can link to it at the beginning of this post), but just say that I know it is true. There is an amazing spirit that comes when you hear of the first vision and a testimony that can be gained.

I am so grateful for inspired teachers and the opportunity to follow the spirit. If it weren't for that vision, the church would not be on the earth today and I would not be who I am. I know it is true and that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and helped restore the gospel to the earth.

1 comment:

The Pyper Fam said...

So how did you do on the first vision in spanish? Can you still remember it word for word? :) Isn't it wierd how we lived and breathed that for a year and a half straight and now I'm lucky if I get to even enjoy church on Sunday!! :) But I too am glad for the mission and all that it taught me! I really think that the person who gets most out of missionary worrk is the missionary themselves!!!
Thanks for the post!