Saturday, January 24, 2009

This past week.

I feel the need to jot down a few thoughts on last week.


As per our biggest loser contest---I lost 6 pounds last week and still wasn't the biggest loser. At least the biggest loser was on my team!!! It is an interesting path I am down now, it is a life style change and I would be lying if I said it was easy.




I actually feel like I am eating more, just cause I eat more frequently and it actually isn't easy. It is also hard for me to exercise. We cannot afford a gym membership ( when we did, I went every day), so I am sticking to my DDR and dancing every day. Andy Bev likes to scream whenever I do it and I will admit that sometimes I just stop and help her.


I am proud of myself and the times I have not quit. Yesterday I was feeling sick and didn't want to do anything, but I managed to talk myself into exercising and I was so happy I did. It makes all the difference.

Besides focusing on being healthier, we have tried to help Steve in our own way prepare for his big interview next week. From dry-cleaning his suit, buying him a new tie and shoes, to getting materials together, not sure what more there is to do but pray. So please keep Steve in your thoughts and prayers this coming Friday while he does his interview with the U. We have high hopes and big plans. We know we have to give our all and then there is nothing more we can do, it is in the lord's hands. With that in mind...I need to get ready for Sunday.

5 comments:

Lydia said...

You go girl! I've hit a post-Christmas blah as well. It's really hard to drag myself to the gym, esp. when I would rather just stay holed up at home! I don't want to go out and deal with rude Egyptians and crappy traffic! But I've got to do it! We've got to do it! Your motivation give me motivation! And hopefully vice versa. We'll keep you in our prayers! I wouldn't mind if you were still in UT this next year! We'll be just 4 hours north in Rexburg!!

Sherri said...

Keep on DDRing. Andy will get used to it. And good luck to Steve! We will be praying for you. We'd love it if you stayed in Utah.

Page said...

Oooh good luck with interviews!! Every chance I got, I would shoot sample interview questions at Rick. We would get in the car to go somewhere, and I would be like, "Why do you want to go to medical school, GO!!" We wrote down good answers and he practiced them a lot. I think that really helped him. There are lots of websites that give you sample questions. Good luck and GREAT JOB exercising, Jamie!!

Lena Baron said...

I'm cheering you on girl!!:) Are you using any set eating program? From all of my studying about health, so far Weight Watchers is the only one I would reccommend. As you said, getting healthy is a lifestyle change. But I promise you won't regret it!! I sure haven't! And wish your hubby good luck! We're on our way to a similar path... Fun Stuff:)

Jenessa said...

Way to go! You're awesome to keep at it, especially when the weather makes it hard. Can you believe all this new snow? Tell Steve good luck with his interview. He'll do great. Enjoying Idol?:)