Monday, November 2, 2009

Not yet.....

I have no clue where kids learn phrases. As a mother, I have had to stop and think before I open my mouth cause I know whatever I say could ( and probably WILL) eventually be repeated.

If it is repeated, I usually know the source and can laugh or cry at it. So, when my daughter's new favorite phrase has suddenly become "NOT YET" and I have NO CLUE where she picked it up...I am at a loss for words.

It is a better thing to hear than straight out NO. When I say, "K, time for dinner." and she responds "NOT YET.." It does make me laugh a little...

But after an entire day of , "time for nap " "NOT YET", or "let's get in the car..." "NOT YET"....it gets really really really old really fast. People who hear it for the first time just crack up and say it is so cute ( including my husband--whom I think is the culprit of the phrase---hmmm....) Well, for now I will enjoy a silent moment of no one saying "NOT YET"

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Kayla's current phrase is "one sec." Drive me nuts and makes me smile at the same time.

Taffers Dawn said...

Haha it is pretty funny sorry!

Lena Baron said...

Ahhh Gotta love it!!