Wednesday, January 6, 2010

huge, Huge, HUGE....

It is about that time...I am 34 weeks pregnant...This is actually meant to be a grateful post.

At exactly this time when I was pregnant with my first daughter I was so swollen and toxemia, pre-eclamsia, I was admitted to the hospital, where one thing went wrong after the other.

My sis-in-law informed me I had so many problems last time that the regular pregnancy pain was just a side note to me ( she noted this as I was telling her I never remember having acid reflux, but she said I probably did, just was too distracted---I AGREE)

So, this time around I am experiencing normal pregnancy pains, and I must say I will take these ANY day over what I went through last time. One thing that is different---I have a belly! And it is HUGE HUGE HUGE!!! I really never got a belly with Andy Bev...it just distributed everywhere ---didn't pop out, just expanded sideways.

It is really weird and interesting to have a belly that is getting even bigger. A hard belly with an outie belly button ( my belly was flabby and didn't get an outy last time). I am experiencing some serious acid reflex constantly, and some major exhaustion, and some swelling.

However, my blood pressure is great, and I am not swollen to the point of bed ridden. I WILL TAKE IT!!! Our little gal is measuring two weeks ahead of schedule (typical diabetic). I have a friend who is diabetic, and delivered a 10 pound 9 ounce baby two and a half weeks early. That is why they don't let you go full term!

We are on the home stretch, and I am feeling so blessed. I don't know what pregnant women complain about who don't have complications---seriously! I will take headaches, backaches, belly expansion, sleep deprivation, nausea, acid reflex, swelling, sheer exhaustion, and bowl issues any day over complications.....and I will take going full term to help the baby out over easing my pain ( again, don't get why women would even want the baby early if there was no medical need---seriously selfish I think).

So here's to the normal pregnancy pains and getting HUGE! Bring it on! It is kind of fun to actually see the baby move in my huge belly! LOVE IT!!!

4 comments:

Jenessa said...

Wow...you're close to the end of your pregnancy. Way to go! I remember sleeping on the couch because it was the only way not to have heartburn and be semi-comfortable. I'm glad your BP is good and that you're not too swollen. You sure did deal with a lot of complications with Andy, but you both did great and sounds like you're on your way to having a healthy baby girl! Can't wait to hear abt her arrival, name & stats! Love you cuz--Jae

Erin said...

Hey, I will take the baby early if it means avoiding a c-section. I am terrified of a c-section and will do whatever necessary to avoid it (unless it would harm the baby). :p

JAMIE said...

i didn't mean to say women are selfish, but it really is better if the baby can stay in as long as possible....for their health they can actually stay in longer...The woman is the reason it ends at 40 weeks.

There are very few women I know who had to go early to avoid a C section unless they had other complications ( like diabtes)...It is rare to have a huge baby just cause....Beleive me, I know, I have done the research.!!

Lydia said...

Oh yay for baby belly! I am so so happy for you! I hope I can get down there and see you soon!