Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Acronyms....our new language and lingo....!

Members of my faith are use to certain acronyms that are part of our everyday speech. These acronyms, such as FHE, VT, HT can seem foreign to those not of my faith.

Steve comes home from work and starts talking about his CF test for some C-scan with PPAP he is doing ( I don't even think I am using the right acronyms in the right context. I have heard CF a million times though) . It is totally insane to me, and I pretend I have a clue what he is talking about.

Acronyms are everywhere !! A place that uses acronyms more than any place I know is in the Military. Steve and I, through much prayer, and research and discussing, have decided to go the military route (Go AIRFORCE!) to pay for medical school ( so great coming out of medical school and not having to worry about paying a million dollars in debt (and yes it will be a million or more- after interest and such) and being taken care of). Why, just while we were talking to our rep, he used more acronyms like BAH and DOD , not to mention military ranks like Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain (still don't get the ranks ) , I realized we had to learn a whole new lingo. That is the joke with us newbies! They tell us we will get the lingo down pretty soon and "learn the language"!

I have had to look up military acronyms---It is literally a whole book!

Steve and I have laughed at this new lingo that feels like it will take FOREVER to learn. So, we have decided to just embrace it and be acronym people. We are developing our very own new language that is pretty much just abbreviated words and acronyms of words we use alot...like NOLA, FAF, O1, and plenty more. We think we are so brilliant (ha ha ha) and will fool everyone (as if it is so hard to figure out). But hey, why not, if everything else feels like an acronym, why not just make it every aspect of how we speak. So, if that's how we start speaking to you and we forget you don't know...I apologize. We invite you to embrace it yourself and speak in acronyms!

3 comments:

Jenessa said...

Med school has it's own acronym's too! Guess it's just par for the course!:) Hope things go great for you guys!

Lydia said...

Ah yeah, government has it, too. I just got an email from the CLO that said she put our name in to the GSO and let RSO know when our EDD is. They're A.OK. *grins*

Unknown said...

I think we should declare an official 'acronym day'. You have to speak in 80% acronyms! Imagine the the chaos that would ensue...it would be awesome.