Friday, June 5, 2009

Apps ROUND 2

It is that time again where the stress level rises and we just start down a path of applying for medical schools.


I really am not sure how I feel about it. In one sense, it is easier---we know what to expect, we know what we did wrong and we know how to fix things.


In another sense, it is crazier. I feel a little more stressed about the whole thing (like if we don't get in this time I might actually kill someone)---I know how stressful it was LAST time so anticipating it is almost worst.


On a different note---we have applied to more schools and have decided that ANY school that requests a secondary, we will do it. Last time we only filled out a few of the secondaries and we were slow on a few of them.


There is NO REASON Steve should NOT get in. He is in the 95th percentile for everything, grades, MCAT, and has exceeded expectations with all other requirements. We know people who were much lower with lots of things that got in LAST year. We know alot of that had to do with WHEN he turned everything in and won't make that mistake twice.


Also, at one point it is just out of our hands. I am so grateful for another year to prepare for this big step. I feal Heavenly Father had a hand in everything. PLEASE PRAY FOR US. We really need it!!

4 comments:

Wendy Babcock said...

Wow! I think that is awesome that you guys are willing to sacrifice so much to get into a medical program. I think that is why I picked the low paying job. It was not hard to get into. Good Luck and I will look forward to more posts.

Jenessa said...

You guys have everything on your side this go-around, and I'm sure he will get in! We'll be prayin' for ya. I'd love to know which schools you're applying to--and for sure he/all of you can stay with us if he interviews at NOVA! Love you tons--Jae

Genny said...

GO FIGHT WIN!
You'll get in! (Wow, I used to make fun of cheerleaders... :))

Carissa J said...

Good luck. I'm sure Steve will get into a great school!