Monday, September 14, 2009

Drama just follows us....

I will admit, I can be a little drama...I don't ask for it though....And just cause something happens to me that is a little dramatic, does not mean that I DRAMATISED IT, or brought it on myself. I didn't cause a flood on my mission..I didn't ask people to vandalise my house, it just happens. Steve says it is my challenge in life to deal with the drama dealt to me...

I have to back up a few months before I get to my main story.... We live in a town home with over 30 other town home occupants. I would say at least 80% of the occupancy are smokers. We are NOT allowed to smoke in our homes, but in certain smoking areas.

To make a very long story short, we have had several issues with the smoking problem (if you read some old blogs you heard about vandalism from smokers). Well, for some reason, summer has made things worse, much worse.

Every night we breathe it in as if we are smoking ourselves. This really wouldn't be that big of a deal if I didn't have a 2 year old and was pregnant, but for the safety of our kids, we really have been trying to fight this. Needless to say, all our neighbors are NOT happy with us. They think we are being snobs and it has made things very difficult for us...




NOW ON TO THE REAL DRAMA AND COMPLETELY DIF STORY
Last night at close to 7, we get a knock on our door. Two young girls asking if we have seen there 2 yr. old sister Starlette....They tell us she has been missing for an hour.
--
Steve immediately jumps up from what he is doing, runs outside and starts looking out for her...I jump into panic mode, start thinking about how I would feel if I lost my own gal....then decide I need to go looking as well...I tell Andy we are going to look for a friend.
--
I go outside, to see many people in the neighborhood running around.. I think, " I should get in my car and drive and look." So I run in and grab my keys prepared to do that. When I come back out i run into one of my neighbors and we start talking about looking where you don't want to look, like in a creek, or in the road. She then says to look in cars.
I change my mind and decide to look in a weeded area thinking she may be hidden by a bush or so. I was frantic, it is going to get dark soon...what will happen then. I don't even know this kid...have the police been called.
--
I am with Andy looking when I hear people talking. I yell over and Steve then tells me----she has been found---WHAT A RELIEF. He then says "where are our keys? She is in our car?"
Are you serious? I have to chuck them over to him as a fence and weeds are separating us. OF ALL PLACES SHE IS FOUND IN OUR CAR? WHY OUR CAR? WHY NOT ANY ON ELSES CAR? Don't we have enough people thinking we are crazy.
--
I was just happy she was found, but still couldn't believe it was in our car, and I had walked past it along with half the neighbors several times. Steve found her crying and jumping in the back. She had locked herself in...we don't know how long, or how she did it, or how she even got in, but she got in.
--
The police of course had to question Steve. I just still am in shock from the whole thing. I didn't ask for it, but somehow we got more involved than we wanted to. All is well, not sure what the neighbors are saying or thinking....just glad we all rallied together.
Needless to say, it doesn't matter what I do or where I go, the DRAMA just seems to follow me.,..ARRRRRGGGHHHH!@!!

6 comments:

Genny said...

woahhhhhH! what drama! you were framed! ok, ok, who knows how it happened. but man, i'm feeling your drama. hope you have a great recovery!

Lydia said...

you are the drama mama! ;) this was in a good way though, i think. what, they think you were holding her hostage or something? there are some sick and wrong people out there, but you guys couldn't be further from being them! take care!

Taffers Dawn said...

I know exactly what you mean!! People are always telling me that I am soooooo dramatic!! And I must exagerate everything..which I admit i have been guilty of a time or two...but that's it. But people think I'm so dramatic. I AM NOT DRAMATIC!!! MY LIFE IS DRAMATIC!! It follows me. I hear ya sister!

Unknown said...

Unbelievable.......thank goodness it wasn't on a super hot day. That makes me sick thinking of how terrible that situation could have been.

Wendy Babcock said...

I can't imagine! I think it is funny the way you are able to handle all this "stuff" that is dealt your way. Really I don't know that I would be able to laugh through things like that.

Lakes are Great said...

yikes! sounds like a good night...nice to see you blogging again:)