Monday, December 14, 2009

All grown up in one day??

My little gal has been quite an adventure when it comes to the potty. For the longest time we have tried to do everything just to get her to sit on it. From buying her own potty, to one that sits on the toilet...putting it in a different room completely. Taking things in and out of the toilet, buying potty books and DVDs, having her watch us go all the time, bribing her...She was so afraid of the toilet ( not the flush, the toilet toilet---and yes, the little one)


We wouldn't have even tried anything if she didn't hate diapers so much and say "stinky, change me" every time she goes. She has shown every sign that she wanted to use the potty except the actual sitting on the potty part.


So, this morning out of nowhere, she says "momma, I go stinky on potty." "What, you want to go on the potty?" Yeah

We take her into the bathroom, she drops her pants and sits on it like she hasn't been screaming bloody murder every time. I about died, am still dying over it. Then she wanted dad to come and hold her hand. Dad sat on the toilet right next to her. She didn't even want to get off.

Finally, when nothing was happening and it was forever, we said "let's get off" only to find out she did do a tiny little poop! I am still dying. You have no idea the trauma, and bam out of nowhere.


Right before nap time I asked her if she wanted to sit on the potty, and she said yes. I don't even care if she goes or has to go. It has been so traumatic the sitting, that if we can just manage that for a while, I will be perfectly content. After that she asked for her big girl bed (her auntie just brought it over last week, but we haven't put it in her room yet cause Steve is working, so we haven't pushed it). But, I wasn't about to tell her NO.


So, she took her very first nap, without ANY problems, laying in mom's room on her very own big girl bed. I am still in shock! She woke up and has sat on the toilet throughout the day ( not going, but again, I don't care).


Right now she is sitting here watching Strawberry Shortcake and I am wondering what happened today. Where did all this Courage come from? Did she just completely grow up in one day right before my eyes? Did I mention we also swung on the swing today, which she has NEVER done cause she is so afraid of it!


I am so very happy and not sure how long it will last. I am so proud of this day, this moment. You are definitely a mommy when something like this just makes your "year" better. I love it and I love my grown up little girl. She is the most precious thing in the world!

5 comments:

Sherri said...

How Awesome! All at once.

Pamela said...

How great that she is finally sitting on the potty! Hope that things continue to go well. We're still waiting for Kayla to come around. (she'll sit on it for about 30 minutes, but won't go.)

Taffers Dawn said...

It's amazing how sometimes they just make up their mind to do something and that's all that it takes. Congrats!

Genny said...

wow. that's exciting :)

Clean Cut said...

Ahhhh. A good, heartwarming post. Hurray to everyone!