Monday, December 21, 2009

Early Christmas and best 2009!

As I have already stated, I was really bummed that Steve had to work Christmas AGAIN this year ( along with all the other holidays), but we have been trying to make the best of it. It just so happens that some of our presents had to come early, due to delivery details.
One of the best parts is that I really didn't think we were going to have a Christmas at all this year, but we have been completely surprised by one of the best Christmas yet!

The first BIG present to arrive came from our Aunt Sherri and Uncle Mike....They brought Andy by her very own BIG girl bed. We were worried how she would transition and really wanted her to do it before baby came and "stole" her bed." To our amazement...she has completely loved her new big girl bed...and has not had ANY problems with it. She goes down right when we put her and does not get up! She is so proud of herself and we couldn't be happier. We are glad this present came early. We thought we should get her brand new bedspread and sheets to go along with the bed. So, we have her princess sheets, which she is so proud of! In a package we opened the other day, her cousins sent her some princess pajamas which match her bed perfectly! They had no idea, so this was even more exciting! This is us at our annual temple square trip. It was freezing and Andy was so tired, but we still had so much fun looking at all the lights!
About a month ago, I was complaining to Steve telling him I didn't feel like myself...That I was a mom and happy to be one, but just didn't feel like I was expressing myself. I was concerned how I would be when my kids grew up and were out of the house, since I have no sense of self. He really was listening...which makes my Christmas present this year all the more special.
Music has always been a huge part of my life...My way to release, to express myself. It doesn't help that any time I start singing my daughter screams and says "NO". So, Steve has desperately been searching for a piano that would not only NOT break the bank, but fit our apartment, and work with our family.
I think he more than succeeded. Not only does it fit perfectly in our house and make it feel more like a home....One of the best features is that we can put headphones in it, so I can play while kids are sleeping, which is really the only time I can play anyway . (don't missunderstand, it is used and not as expensive as it looks, but that makes it more fun right)










Going from no Christmas to my favorite ever is a complete turn around for me! We really thought we wouldn't even have presents under the tree this year (that is just how finances are with us lately), but we have been pleasantly surprised with a few packages from family showing up at our door, and have more than we could have wished for.!!

What a beautiful season and beautiful time for our family. I have never been happier. Steve is going to medical school next year, I have a beautiful daughter and one on the way. My cup runneth over and I just am so grateful!

4 comments:

Mecham Family said...

That's great Jamie! I can't believe you lasted this long without a piano. I also have the piano that has headphones and it's so wonderful! It works with the kids as well when they want to sit and pound. I can put the headphones on them, so I don't get a headache! I am so glad you are having a wonderful Christmas!

Jenessa said...

I'm so glad that things are going well for you and that is a perfect present! Have a wonderful week! Love you--Jae

Taffers Dawn said...

Wow!!! I am so jealous of the piano!! you will really enjoy that and it's something that you can do for you. Awesoem!

Anonymous said...

l love your piano. How fun is that? what a wonderful Christmas present. love you cooks. momms P