Sunday, March 9, 2008

Giggles, Giggles, and MORE GIGGLES


Today at church was, well, an ADVENTURE! Right at the very end of the last talk Steve did something (the best part is that I don't even remember what it was) and I just laughed a little. You know, the "cough under your breathe" kind of laugh. After about ten seconds, he laughed back.
You guessed what happened next--I had another laugh. Of course it is in the middle of church (thank heavens we were sitting in the back).

I all of a sudden can't control it. Instead of "under my breathe" it started coming out in rather loud bursts. I would then calm down, breathe, and start up again. It kept going to the point where I had to leave. I took the baby as an excuse and decided to sit out in the foyer.

As I sit down, I completely lose it...no holding back. It was one of those times where you get the giggles, and just can't stop. The people around me started laughing with me. I kept saying--(or giggling it) "I don't even know what I am laughing at." I continued for Literally ten minutes.

Steve came out, and I started up again...Needless to say, I wish I could paint the ridiculous picture. Steve told me it made his day. I think I burned a few calories. I saw the bishop and he told us about how he laughs sometimes in the middle of a prayer and can't finish. It reminded me of all the times in my life where I just couldn't get through something serious because of one reason or another due to the giggles.

5 comments:

Chris & Stephanie said...

That's so funny! I love that gut-wrenching laughter where you're crying and your stomach muscles are spasming!
I remember that happening during sacrament meeting when I was in high school (sitting next to a friend who had the "giggles") and one of my school teachers was on the other side of me shooting me dirty looks - made me laugh even harder!

Kathi said...

That is hilarious! I love getting the giggles! I have those moments so often, never in the middle of church though. Haha! You are hilarious! I have my car back! I'll call ya soon!

Jewels said...

We started laughing like that last night before we said our prayers. It was a good reminder that I married my best friend! I love it!

Sally F said...

That is so great! Don't you think laughter releases some chemical in the brain that just seems to make everything good? I love moments like that!

Kelli W. said...

Moments like those are the only times I've peed my pants laughing so hard. Okay...too much info I know but it's true. The times you start laughing and you really can't explain why. It's just contagious.