Tuesday, March 18, 2008

SO MANY Updates on our life!!!

It is about time that I blogged about this---since we got the news a while ago. Steve received a job offer from ARUP laboratories in Salt Lake City!
Yeah! CONGRATULATIONS Sweetie! We are so excited and I am so proud of him...I knew he could do it. His official job title is (drum role please...): MOLECULAR SEQUENCING, GENETICS-ONCOLOGY FRAGMENT ANALYSIS (in the Infection Disease Division)




He will be starting after he GRADUATES around the beginning of May. You heard me, graduation. Yes, Steve is receiving his bachelors in Molecular Biology and I am making him do the grad ceremony (more for my final goodbyes than anything).



We are officially scheduled to move out of our first apartment May 12th. From there we will be moving in with my in laws who are being so gracious to put us up in their house for a bit.
(caption reads: This House Also includes a Mother-in-law Cottage)

This picture isn't exactly accurate---we will be IN their home, not around the corner. I am nervous that I won't be a good house guest, but very excited for the possibilities it entails and just so grateful for this opportunity. It is going to be serial to leave our first apartment, so many memories...

Steve will be taking the MCAT on June 13th, and we are ready to have that done and over with. He is studying hard right now, but his studying will come better once school is done. After the MCAT, we will be applying to medical school-where we hope to be starting next year. So, please say your prayers for Steve. He has alot of pressure on him right now. It will be nice to earn some money for a year before getting into that. He plans on being a family doctor, and, if I do say so myself, is going to be a n AMAZING one.
For more recent news, this is probably the last post on here for over a week. My family will be coming into town as of tomorrow for Easter. We are driving to St. George to be with the entire family and are looking forward for a much needed mini-vacation. I am happy to have little babysitters around and looking forward to see a little more sun. I will post about it when we get back.
For now, loving life and loving all of our prospects. For a while there, it felt like we were in a huge hole and rut. We are so happy to be having a light at our tunnel, and many prospects to look forward to.

8 comments:

Jenessa said...

That's great news, Jamie! Interesting how we're both on the same road right now--moving towards med school. Congrats on graduation, the job, etc! Have fun in St. George. Happy Easter...Luv, jae

Sally F said...

Oh...doesn't it feel good to be headed in the right direction?!? Congrats to you and your hubby!

Me said...

Have fun on your break/vacation! And, good luck to your husband on the MCAT. I know all about those grad school entrance exams!

Me said...

By the way--disillusioned is Mary P.

Kathi said...

Congrats!! That is so awesome! I'm way excited for you!

Chris & Stephanie said...

Wow, what a great update!! I'm so excited that you get to see your family! Gives them big hugs from me!

*Keeping Steve (and you guys) in our prayers*

Kelli W. said...

So how suprised were you when Sara & Spence showed up? I went over to my parents to see them when they were in Eugene and loved the short amount of time I had to visit with them. I'm still cracking up over when you and Sara were talking on the phone and Brooklyn walked in the room and Sara said "Hi Brooklyn" then realized what she had just done! She didn't think you'd noticed, but that was a close call to blowing the suprise!
Hope your move goes smoothly!

JAMIE said...

Kelli---I am not sure if you are going to read this...but I will be bloggin forever about our little trip and the biggest surprise ever! I just can't beleive it is over...We came home and it is freezing