Sunday, July 13, 2008

Primary is the Best

Steve and I were both called to be Primary teachers in our ward, and didn't hesitate for a second about it. There is just something about being around those kids and feeling of their spirit. I have the privilege of teaching the 7 turning 8 yr olds. I think it is the perfect age to teach. They are so TEACHABLE...they are ready to be baptized and really just the sweetest things ever. Today was my first time teaching the class and we learned about saying thank you. I just can't tell you how wonderful the whole thing went. I was overcome with feelings of the spirit as the children were very interactive and attentive to everything I had to say. At the end of the lesson we all wrote "thank you" notes to someone we were thankful for and one of the kids, Zack, gave me a thankyou note. I, of course, got all teary eyed and just loved it. I love these kids and they are so good with Andy. It is going to be a great time in Primary.

6 comments:

Ang said...

I have been in primary almost the entire time I've been married and I love it. I'm the primary music leader right now which is a blast! Children are so innocent and have so much love and acceptance. You have the best age. They really are my favorite!

Lakes are Great said...

Hey I had to set my blog to private so if you would still like to read it I need your email address so I can invite you to my blog. mnjlake@gmail.com

Brenda said...

I am the primary chorister in our ward and love it! On Sunday I had a child come up to me and give me a thank you note. I had NO idea why or what it was for, now I understand thanks for explaining! I have a 7 turning 8 year old (I guess I should have asked him what his lesson was on!)

Jenessa said...

Yay for Primary! Joe and I were teachers when Jocey was about Andy's age and I've been in the Primary Presidency since then--been through 4 presidents (they don't dare make me pres I guess with an infant & Joe on the HC...lol). Anyway, so glad you're enjoying it. I love the kids and it'll be hard to leave, which is what they keep threatening to do (release me) since I've been in so long!

Taffers Dawn said...

You will be such good teachers!! I'm excited for you!

Carissa J said...

That's awesome. I was a primary teacher before my mission but I haven't been in a family ward for AGES! I don't even remember what it's like to have kids at church ;) Young kids are the best. They know so much about the gospel! Good luck with your new calling!