Saturday, June 5, 2010

Dinner in the morning?

  I woke up today and realized that I hadn't packed a lunch for my husband.  So, I decided to make tonights dinner this morning so he could have it for his diner tonight.

  I have now decided that I should try to make all my nighttime dinners in the day, morning, sometime early.  Not only does that get it done and out of the way, but it ensures that we will actually have a meal at night.  See, we love to go outside and play (especially during the summer)...and sometimes we have so much fun, we lose track of time or just get distracted as time passes.

 I cannot tell you how many times we come running in at seven, we are all starved, and nobody wants to wait a half hour for a meal.  For these reasons, I have decided to try and make the meal in the mornings...(don't get me wrong, I am not that motivated or orgnaized at all---not like half the SUPER MOMS I know out there).  Wish me luck with my new adventure!

4 comments:

Lena Baron said...

Crockpots are great for this! Good Luck!!

Brianna said...

Agreed crockpots are amazing for this. Try this easy recipe:

2 frozen chicken breasts
1 bottle fav BBQ sauce
1 can of coke

Put it all in the crockpot for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Before serving shred the chicken (it will pull apart easily with two forks). Remove from cooking liquid, add additional BBQ if desired, serve as is or on rolls.

Genny said...

that's a good idea Jamie!

JAMIE said...

thanks for the recipe. I do have a crockpot, but never know just what to put in it...ANy ideas are appreciated!