Monday, June 7, 2010

Keeping it real....

 After my last post I received so many different responses and emails that it got me thinking.... While I think we should all keep a positive outlook on life (otherwise we can sink into deep depression, what's the point of trying really)..I also think it is important to keep it real.

 By that, I mean, I am not going to pretend to be someone I am not.  I think one of the reasons I got so many comments was that I was being completely vulnerable, open, and honest with my feelings. 

 I don't know about you--but sometimes it is refreshing to hear someone say what I am really thinking.  Someone who comes along and makes me feel like " OK, I am not INSANE...I am not the only person who feels that way...."  All of the responses I got I truly appreciated, and really needed and I thank you all for your amazing comments.  I continue to learn from the glorious people I am surrounded by!

ON TO MY KEEPING IT REAL DAY-

  I could choose to be upset that there are LOADS of dirty laundry yet to do---and the clean laundry from two weeks ago still isn't put away...Or that I haven't even begun to unpack from our NOLA vacation that was a week ago...Or that I haven't brushed my hair in 2 days...Or that there isn't ONE clean room in my ENTIRE house...

 I could turn it around and look at what I did accomplish today, while it isn't much, I am glad I have some positives in my life today...

Things that made me proud of myself--
--I made my husband breakfast in bed this morning--Andy helped me and we had a LOT of fun!
--I went to the store with a list of meals I want to cook for the week, and stuck to the list...
--I took a shower today (yes, that DOES make me proud cause it is rare)
--I bathed BOTH of my daughters.
--I actually DID the dishes (this is also HUGE and is RARE--Andy pretended to help as she stood by me).
--I played outside with my daughters today...
--I made some pumpkin cookies and jello.

  I am slowly learning that what one person can accomplish in one day would be a miracle to hit one of those things for another person.  It is so easy to compare and say "What is wrong with me?  Why can't I do that?"  I am learning to know that my strengths and weaknesses are not anothers.  I have so much to learn from others.  While learning from them, I need not put myself down for not doing all they do, but be proud of what I can do in my particular situation.

 I am, once again, grateful for the strength I receive from the LORD.  I am learning more and more how to depend on him.  I think I still don't get it, but maybe one day I will rely on him like he wants me to.  I know he loves me for me and being real.

PS...I am in the process of starting a whole new blog that is dedicated to my daily struggles of a woman with diabetes and life in general.  I still want to keep a blog that is mainly focused on my beautiful children and what they are doing...

1 comment:

President said...

"-I took a shower today (yes, that DOES make me proud cause it is rare)" wow! haha
glass half empty or half full is what this blog reminds me of. To me though I'm just happy when anything is left in the glass... even just a drop.