Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Glad Game....

So I am sitting here...looking at all I need to do to pack, dreading my doctors appointment tomorrow, and just not wanting to be responsible and face anything real. I think this is the best time to put into action the GLAD GAME.

For those of you who are NOT familiar with this classic, I am SOOOO SORRY!! Go and see it today. We watched it all the time growing up. Pollyanna throughout the whole movie plays this "game" in which she chooses to find the good out of ANY situation she is in, no matter how difficult or stressful it is. As a child, I just thought it was a fun show. As an adult, when my sister-in law let me borrow it to watch the other day, I did not expect to be bawling my eyes out . I love that there is such an example to learn from.

So here are the things I am glad about today:

  • My little angel knows her momma
  • My sister in law made me dinner and talked with me
  • My husband has a steady job
  • We have internet at the moment so I can write about this
  • My beautiful little nephew Malakai that was just born.
  • my primary kids who claimed they will miss me when I leave
  • Our new apartment we are moving to

This is more of a grateful list...but it really partains to today. I just needed that to feel less overwhelmed with life. So here's to things to be "glad" about....

7 comments:

Ang said...

I LOVE POLLYANNA! It's a favorite at our house, and I agree - great example, and a great way to be thinking in these rough times we're all going through. Thanks for the reminder! Good luck with another move also!

Taffers Dawn said...

Yay for the glad game! Good for you for looking at the positive!

Anonymous said...

Hey Probert! Where are you moving to? Pollyanna is such a blast from the past! :)

Sherri said...

I totally love that movie!!! Wouldn't the world be a happier place if we all played the 'glad game' a little more often. You've inspired me!

Anonymous said...

I agree. I am going to play the "Pollyanna" game too.

Kelli W. said...

Hi Jaime! I've never seen that movie but now I want to.
Good luck in your move, I know it all gets overwhelming, but it looks like your going to look for the good in it all and be just fine! Hope everything goes smoothly for you!
Take care!!

Carissa J said...

I just watched Pollyanna for the first time about a month ago and the "glad game" was the star of the show, for me! I loved it. If only we could all live like that.