Wednesday, October 1, 2008

From 3 to 7

About two weeks ago my husband, baby and I stayed with our neices and nephews while their parents went out of town...


All I can say is that my eyes were completely opened and I have a brand new appreciation for mothers with more than one kid...especially 4 kids...

Our days started with me waking up at 6 ish so I could make breakfast for the kids...Then at 6:45 we call all the kids for scripture study ( I actually liked that part)...


We sent the highschool kids off to school then sent the others. When they were at school, I tried to feed and bathe Andy, and get prepped for after school. After school consisted of picking up from football, taking to football, soccer practice, scouts, making dinner, eating dinner, cleaning up dinner.....That's just one day. The craziest was on the Thursday. My nephew had a football game and in the middle my neice had to be taken to and picked up from ballet, where right after my other nephew had to be picked up from football, then dinner, then take my other nephew to a class...

It was actually so much fun and I got really close with all of them. As I stated before...I have a whole new respect for the job of a momma. I barely had time to clean up anything. If truth be told Andy was the hardest of all of them...She needed the most attention. I am glad we had such a good time as we are doing the exact same thing next week.....

2 comments:

Ang said...

It isn't easy, and that is my life ALL THE TIME! The difference is...all 7 of mine are MINE, and I only got them one at a time! Going from 1 to 5 is tough! Have fun! I love my life and now that I have 5 in school and 2 little ones at home, it actually gets a little too quiet and still during the day for my taste!

Sherri said...

Just remember they come one at a time, not usually all at once. The smaller kids need you more physically. The older kids need you in all the other ways plus driving them everywhere but they can talk to you about grown up things.