Monday, March 9, 2009

That "OTHER" School.

Many of you know we put in an application to the U ( number one choice actually). People always wondered how I would react if we got in, would my loyalties change. Let me clear that up right away.

I HAVE BLUE BLOOD! I ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL. My loyalties will never change. I am a BYU grad, and even if I wasn't they are the ONLY school for me.

Having said that---If we did get in, I would just have to tone down my obnoxious comments aimed in their direction! GOOD NEWS---I WILL NOT HAVE TO TONE ANYTHING DOWN!!!! We just got our non--acceptance letter a few days ago (I am choosing to not call it a rejection letter). So, all the crazy feelings I have for that "other "school ( going to use the name as little as possible) can remain. So, No worries. For those of you unbelievers who thought for a second I would sway (shame on you) NOW YOU NEVER HAVE TO WORRY!!!

I am masking just how sad we are about it---won't go into that. We REALLY thought he would be in this year at the U. Other good news---there is much we have to learn! We will be going through another year of applying!!! You have heard me rant about this process, so going through it twice is twice as hard. At least this time we know what to expect.

Please keep us in your prayers. YOU have no idea how difficult this whole process is for all of us.

9 comments:

Jenessa said...

I'm so sad to hear abt Steve not getting in at the U. I really thought he would. I do believe everything happens for a reason, though...maybe you'll come join us in Florida next year!:) That'd be awesome! I'm glad you're willing to try again next year, as I know it is a gruelling process. That was our plan, too--try a 2nd year if Joe didn't get in the 1st year. Don't get too discouraged. You guys are doing what you know is right, and you will be blessed! I love you tons!

Pamela said...

I'm really sorry that he didn't get in. Mark's brother has applied 3 times to West Virginia (the university that his dad and 2 older brothers went to dental school) and has been rejected all 3 times. It is a tough process, hang in there!

Lydia said...

So sorry to hear that. The "non-acceptance", not the not having to tone down comments about the other school! The bright side? Will you be staying in UT? That would be good b/c we'll be in Rexburg all next year! ;)

Mecham Family said...

Have you already heard back from every other school, or was the "other school" the only one? I'm sorry to hear it. Education is frustrating. There shouldn't be so many obstacles! Let us know if we can do anything! Love ya!

JAMIE said...

the fact is we applied too late...we know that is one of the big problems. We had friends interviewing before we even had everything turned in and apparently, that is HUGE. Yes we have heard from every school ( at least the ones he interviewed at, but if he didn't interview it pretty much means it is too late now---interviews don't really go this late)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry for you guys. Oh well, things happen for a reason. This just means that hopefully next year is THE year! I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Wendy Babcock said...

I think that it is the bitter that makes the sweet even better. Think of it that way. At least Heavenly Father thinks that you can handle these challenges! I know that you will be guided where you need to be, just keep the options open!

Sherri said...

So sorry to hear. I'm in denial about you leaving the state. Maybe you have one more year here before the wild adventure begins. Everything will work out the way it should but it's so hard to see that at the time.

Anonymous said...

As a U alum, I'm sorry they didn't let you in! You know, there are thousands of folks with degree from both schools that are able to get through this thing. And since the B doesn't exactly offer a medical school, you don't have to consider them the competition, right? Anyway, sorry this is so hard, I hope you get into UTSA's program so we get some family neighbors. We still love TX! - scotto