Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Still good people in the world.....

I was driving on the freeway today while headed to the store. As I was driving, it suddenly felt like the car was tipping and that I was going to roll over. About a minute later, it started making some funny noises that I really could not describe.


I thankfully made it off the freeway, and into the Carl's Junior parking lot. I get out to find that we have a flat tire----SERIOUSLY???

I immediately try not to completely freak, just partially freak. Do we have a spare? ( we have had so many flat tires)...How is a pregnant, crazy, not really sure what she is going to do going to change the tire? I don't know any men. Everyone I know is a mom who, if I called, would have to pack up their kids and come be crazy with me.

All of a sudden out of nowhere appear my two heroes. Two young guys just pull up and ask, if I need help, then immediately start working on changing the tire. I get teary eyed and try not to break down. I just got so emotional, I was so happy that there were two honest, very nice,willing men to help me out.

There are many times when I lose faith in the world and start thinking that no one is nice anymore. Today , thankfully, proved me wrong. This post is for my two heroes. Thankyou, whoever you are out there, for stopping and just helping someone who really needed it! I hope if you need help one day that someone will come along and help you!

3 comments:

Jungle MOM said...

That is very touching, thanks for sharing. Sometimes I get discouraged too and I love to read stories like this.

Sally F said...

Thank goodness for nice people! Great job telling your story--I could totally relate!

Lydia said...

I'm so glad someone was there to take care of my Jamie! Have I told you my flat tire story?

Go here:

http://penrodpostings.blogspot.com/2009/07/what-day.html

There are good people in this world. And a Heavenly Father that knows & cares about us individually.