Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Elder Probert

What an emotional day today! I know I wasn't going to be able to write for a while, but I really need a little outlet for a second to express how much I love my little bro.Little (or huge I should say) Seth Mark Probert entered the MTC today. There really is an amazing spirit about the MTC, and I, as usual, was really nostalgic and sentimental.Seth looked absolutely amazing and I died when I was sitting next to him. I just kept thinking of how I have never met anyone more ready ( including myself) and prepared than my bro. I am so proud of him and all that he has done and his huge heart and amazing spirit he carries with him. He will represent the Lord full heartedly. What a wonderful spirit.

I didn't cry until they showed the "called to serve" video with the lights off. It wasn't cause of missing him, just really a strong spirit about it and awwhhh.
Mckay wouldn't like it if I didn't mention momma fainting. That is right. She must have stood up too fast or something, but when she hugged Seth she passed out. It actually helped me to stop crying. When she calmed down, I didn't really lose it until Seth ( Elder Probert) walked away. Wow, what a feeling.You are also wearing the PROBERT name...many are looking to you bro and praying for you. We are so proud and love you so much.

OK, no more blogging for at least a week---so much to do.

7 comments:

Sally F said...

Ohhh...doesn't that just tug on the heartstrings? Such emotions there on that day, entering the MTC! Excitement, nervousness, a bit of sadness...what a great experience!

Me said...

I know you're way busy--so don't worry this until you're all moved and settled. But, I put a story on my blog just for you (in honor of you're fav. musician--well, at least the piano playing one). :) Good luck with your move!

Mary P.

Carissa J said...

That's so cool. I love that Called to Serve video but I actually think they need to update it. Same theme, more modern. Where is he going on his mission?
Good luck with your move!

Ang said...

That is really sweet. I've gotten to watch that video with several of my own siblings and several of my husband's siblings. It's fun to be the oldest. What a cute kid...he will be a great missionary!

Shawn and Rachel Smith said...

Wow that is so awesome. Where is he going on his mission. I am so happy for him and your family. Hope your mother is doing well and that he has a great experience.

The Pyper Fam said...

Doesn't that bring back some great memories! :)I can't believe thats your cute little little bro! Hes all grown up now! :) How is your new life? I want to hear about it all, I am missing my Cook Family fix.

Taffers Dawn said...

Yeah for seth!!!! I'm so excited for him!!!