Friday, May 16, 2008

Moving, Momma's Day, & Madness...


It has been what feels like a very long period of time since I have been able to get back into blogging. We are MOSTLY moved in, so I thought it was time to catch up and "backlog"...starting with the move out. This whole thing is going to be a long long one---WARNING..

MOVING
I could not have even pretended to move without all my little helpers. I was so overwhelmed with all I had to do and stressed to capacity that I literally would have gone crazy without all the help.

Thanks to my visiting teacher Genevieve who spent a min of two days helping me pack boxes. Momma, I am so glad Dad let you come down and help us out. You don't know how much we really needed your support and help. This was my first BIG move with my own things and I needed an expert. Many people tried to get us boxes--and we used ALL of them--so thank you so much.

To the rest of the helpful family--those extra trips to Layton to help move alot of our things prior made it so we could get organized thanks for all the time you put in and for caring. Thanks to those who unloaded the UHAUL with Steve. Steve, you did amazing---so much work you put into hauling everything here and there. It was not light stuff either.

Last but not least--thanks to my entire ward it seems who showed up on moving day to help us load and clean. I was so NOT happy wondering if it was possible to get it done before they came. I could not believe the support that was shown and the people that stayed most of the day and scrubbed our house and gave of their time. You made it possible and we can't thank all of you enough!!!


On a small note for now--I am loving Layton. It is so nice to have family so close---it really is. We have been so blessed to have this opportunity and are very grateful. Still have a few things to organize, but I feel like we can function with what is done already.

MOMMA's DAYIt was a momma's day that if I didn't experience it personally, I would not beleive all the craziness...This was my first momma's day as a momma of perfection and we wanted ( Steve and I) to make it very special...That is too calm a word for how it ended up...

We were planning on attending my cousin's farewell so we spent the night at my aunts. About when we were ready for church, I realized I was low on insulin and would almost be out after church. We also realize that my insulin is back at our apt. in provo and we are in Bountiful.

Steve being the person that he is, offered to drive to Provo and get it. I was so sad that he had to do that, but grateful my husband would do that for me and allow me to be with my mom and see my cousin.
Steve didn't charge his cell, so he had to take mom's with him---(oh the craziness hasn't even begun). He calls me when he is in Salt Lake to tell me that he does NOT have the key to the apartment. "ARE YOU SERIOUS?" Of course---but, he can't turn back so he decides he will have to break in.
Steve arrives and IN HIS SUIT goes through the window. He found the insulin, missed the
farewell, but got it to me in time.

I took my cell to church ( which I NEVER do--I HATE when people do that btw) so I could tell Steve how to get there. I put it on vibrate. Somehow...I lost it. Couldn't call and find it cause it wasn't on the ringer.

After church I wandered up and down and outside, all the places I had been---looking, frantically for my cell ( Of course it is missing right). I call Steve on my aunts cell to explain directions. We could not find the cell, so we spoke to the bishop and told him to call my uncle if he heard anything, but we deemed it lost since apparently people love to steal ( and I DID HAVE IT OUTSIDE)

I was so upset. Momma missed her flight--uh huh--MISSES HER FLIGHT! So, we are rushing to take her to the airport. We are driving there, when she realizes that she forgot her cell phone. I was so mad. It was already too nutz and crazy. So, we turned around to get her cell phone. Luckily we knew where it was.
We get to the airport and the people weren't sure what we could do with mom. I couldn't go in the whole time with her cause I didn't have a ticket and I couldn't know if she got on the plain cause I didn't have a phone. So, just more worry...


The Bishop called and said they had my phone. THANK YOU SO MUCH WHOMEVER TURNED IT IN! We went back to the house and got my phone, ready for the insanity to end. We heard that mom needed to do stand by for a flight, but she should be fine.

I just couldn't believe all the craziness. With the move--everything at that point was in an uproar. Really, lost things, not sure where my head was...Something nuts was bound to happen.

We came home to a nice turkey dinner with Steve's mom. It was just what I needed. Then Steve and I had our own little momma's day which he presented me "SO SEXY" Shampoo, conditioner, and other PRODUCT. He also got me my very own copy of TWILIGHT. You can take a hint
babe.

Overall, I really did enjoy the day and looking back it is funny. It usually is after that fact. This leads me to my little perfection. I love my little gal. I just stare at her and am so grateful for everything that she is. She changes so much every single day. This week she is not only army crawling, but she sits and stands on her own. She is ready for big things. And all this happened withing the week. What a blessing she is to all of us. I just hope I can be the momma she needs...

8 comments:

Pamela said...

I'm so glad everything turned out alright! It's amazing that at the end of the day, all we have to do is look in the eyes of our child and smile. They make everything that could go wrong seem so insignificant.

Andy is getting so big! She's a cutie!

Carissa J said...

Wow, what a crazy time! I'm glad you're back blogging :) That is awesome that you had so many people willing to help you move!

Anonymous said...

Jamie, she is so darling. I love the glasses. I only wish that I could be around her more often. It isn't fair. I'm not sure when we will get to see her. for sure at christmas. love you lots. momma, g'ma judy.

Lakes are Great said...

i'm glad it all worked out in the end...twighlight is my fav by the way!

Anonymous said...

Jamie, it's me, your momma just leaving another note to let you know that I love you soooooo much and you are my favorites oldest child. you were and still are the a model child. when you were little everyone just loved your big dimple smile(just like Andie) and you could sing and read like no other. thanks for letting me come and stay with you. I love it I love you and Steve and Andee Bev happy day to all of you MOMMA xxxxoooo

Anonymous said...

OMG...you just poured your heart out about your crazy day, and I'm going to give you a grammar tip. How heartless can I be??? No, really, though, this is the BEST tip I've ever heard, so I share it with everyone...

Okay so you wrote, "Thank you for whomever turned it [the cellphone] in!"

Here's how you tell the difference between whom and who. Turn your phrase into a question. So, "Who turned in your cell phone?" If the answer is "He" (as in "He turned in the cell phone"), then it's WHO. If the answer is "Him" (as in "Him turned in the cell phone") then it is WHOM. The latter obviously doesn't make sense, so it would be WHO.

Neat, huh?

Anyway, I'm sorry you had such a crazy day. At least your cell DID get returned, you didn't slip into a diabetic shock, and your mama made it home. :)

-Sarah

PS- You don't know me IRL... I was blog surfing (bored at work!) and came across this post. :) Thought I would just sprinkle some grammar love around so I don't seem TOO stalkerish!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back on, Jamie! I noticed you didn't mention my little sneak-in/sneak-out on Sunday. Your little one is SOOO cute in person and in pictures. Glad I could hug Steven for a moment too. Carry on, and I hope UTSA accepts you FIRST and offers you the best deal 'cause we need some family this way, sister. (scott)

JAMIE said...

Scott, you weren't here on momma's day you silly! I have yet to write about your visit. I should do a whole post just about that