Friday, May 2, 2008

"Momma, Don't Leave Me!"

There are probably a million words I could use to describe my day yesterday, but the two I am going with is--CHALLENGING!!! and GRATEFUL!
I am not sure if Andrea is sick, teething, or what, but she would not let me leave her. By leave her, I mean put her down for a second. Sometimes she gets a little fussy if I am not in the room with her, but yesterday she screamed like mad if I wasn't holding her. At first, I didn't do anything about it, ( I should also note that she is at that stage where she puts anything and everything in her mouth, so can't ever be left alone in a room for a second) but as the day went on I realized she needed comfort somehow. When I looked into her tear filled eyes as I walked in another room and see her saying to me "Momma, please don't leave me. I need you" my heart melts and I run to my little babe to comfort her.

This did not make showering and doing my hair easy ( which I rarely do, but really wanted to for some reason yesterday). When this all began I was upset and frustrated. As the day went on, I found joy in it. I loved the fact that Andy knows her mom and needs her.

I just held her and thanked heaven for this beautiful gift that I have been blessed to take care of and be in my life. I have never felt anything like this before. Someone needs me to survive. What a powerful feeling! What a great emotional sensation.

I thought about momma's day around the corner and this one being my first. All I really want is to hold my baby in my arms, have my husband by my side, and just feel of their love. I am so grateful to be a momma. I never knew if my body would let that happen. I feel so blessed and overjoyed to have part in raising one of Heavenly Father's choicest little angels.

I have been sent these little cartoons like ten times, so I thought I would finally make an effort and post them here. The first time I was sent them was from an old friend who loved how I freak out about everything with my baby. I am still learning so much...but here are some helpers:



4 comments:

Ayrial Johnson said...

Just like us grownups, some days we just need a little more lovin'. When my girls need to be held, I grab a good book, or movie, and hold them. They're getting older, and more wiggley, that they don't always let me cuddle them. So I try to enjoy it. It sounds like you did too.

Kelli W. said...

Hey, I've got a few of your posts to catch up on but I wanted to comment on this one first by saying that I love how you can take a seriously stressful situation and turn it to something you love and are grateful for! I think so many moms (me!) can let the stess of a needy, crying baby get to us because we think of everything we can't do at the moment instead of just living in the moment and enjoying the opportunity to just hold and give love and comfort to what is really most important. Way to keep things in perspective!

Ang said...

Your picture things aren't showing up on my computer....is it just me? Anyway...You're so sweet. Sometimes it is so hard when your baby is fussy and you have a lot to get done. I know the feeling, but I also know the feeling of pure joy knowing you are the only one who can satisfy and help that child of Heavenly Father and that He sent that spirit straight to you. I love the middle of the night feedings for that reason also. I feel so much love for my little baby and it's the only time of the day that I get them all to myself. They do grow up so fast..........it's so good to just enjoy them!

H-less said...

So I still can't see the pics on this post and I'm wondering what they are?! I love you. I thought a lot about you tonight and just missed you. I miss my niece. Glad you're doing so great with these big changes.