Friday, May 16, 2008

Our day with David






So much to catch up on...but I have to start with seeing David Archie....Mom and I were the first people at Murray High at noon. My dad graduated from there, so that's the place we decided to be. We somehow managed to park in the Highschool lot (don't ask, I don't want to remember that part)

Because we were first, we received ALOT of David Archuletta shirts. I wanted to take a pic ( with our sad camera) of us in line, only to discover that I have no memory card. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? That is the whole reason we came--so we could flaunt our times to our family...POINTLESS NOW.

SO, I was determined. I run to the nearest Cosco--cause we couldn't lose our parking spot. I bought a card...came running back ( mind you, this took over 30 minutes) only to find out I had the wrong card. I knew Cosco didn't have the right one ( I have to tell this part of the story because it took up half of my time and if you only knew the hills I ran up and down).

I decided to run to Best Buy---halfway there, I realized I had to wallet, so had to run back up the hill. LONG STORY SHORT---I finally got the card, got really low and almost passed out. YIKES

They let us through and momma and I are first ones there. We are front row seated behind the "VIP" people who have not yet arrived. WE are loving it. So, we set up lawn chairs and just chill and watch the gajillion (yes my word for too many to describe) people arrive.

OH, that anticipation. Somehow, in the middle of all of this...they cut the "tape" dividing everything. Mom and I must have not been paying attention cause next thing you know hoards of people are trampling all over us. I just held my baby and covered my head and eyes as they trampled past us.

So, what started as front row seats, ended up as back row---even though we were there first. I was so sad. It seemed like it took David FOREVER to arrive. They kept psyching us out. Momma and I really got into it and she made a poster that said "David, Marry my Daughter. I came all the way from Oregon to ask you that." Mom managed to get an interview with Channel 4 and they did in fact air one little clip of it.

He finally arrived and they had a "parade" where somehow I managed to get in the front minus the media. I screamed with all the little girls and they were laughing with me. David sand 3 songs, and I just want to say that he REALLY IS THAT GOOD. WOW. The media kept stealing him away, which I thought was tacky since it was fan day. At least Budda and I are BFF now.

Overall, I am so glad we went. He was great to see and who knows when we will be able to do something like that again. WE will be voting for you DAVID. WE LOVE THAT ARCHIE FROM UTAH!!

4 comments:

Ang said...

I bet it was amazing even though it was crazy! I love him!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you were there so I could benefit from your pictures!

Brandon Johnson said...

That sounds like an awesome experience. I wanted to go really badly but had to work! I hope Archie wins it all. He has an amazing talent!

RaeLynn said...

Wow, those are some great shots!! Looks like a lot of fun :) Go Archie!

Carissa J said...

That is so fun! I wish I could have been there! I'm sure you watched the Wednesday night show... That was so cute when he started crying because of the many people who came out to see him. "Gosh...Gosh"... That was so stinkin' cute! I want him to win!! We love our David Archuleta!!