Tuesday, June 10, 2008

MCAT Week...

To those who know me, you know I have never really had any love for those felines we call "CATS". So, it is no surprise that the biggest test, and biggest stresser in our lives right now would be tinted by a big "m"/CAT.(and people wonder why I am not a fan?)

That is right, Steve takes the MCAT this Friday...only one of the single most determining factors in getting in to medical school. NO PRESSURE AT ALL BABE! Why is it all about this test? The good news is besides being sheer brilliant, Steve is an amazing test taker.

I am trying to keep the stress level to a minimum this week. Any suggestions for helping out my hubby? He is taking the test in Lindon. So, this Thursday we have him a hotel (he does not want to drive all the way from Layton, and I don't blame him). He takes the test in the afternoon on Friday. Andy and I will be joining him the hotel Friday night...The stress test will be over then.

So, I am asking for some prayers on both of our behalves. Yes, I need some too. Believe me, the wife doesn't take the test, but it is definitely an "US" process. Someone told me the worst part of this is the getting in...nowadays, once you are in you make it. ...One more chance to go to our knees. Thanks for the opportunity to have our Father even closer.

9 comments:

Clean Cut said...

Good luck Steve! (I'm glad it's you and not me)

Jewels said...

Good luck with the test! The zoo we went to was in Idaho Falls. We were up there with family for awhile since Ben is out of town. It was fun.

Sherri said...

My advice would be to save your hotel money, stay at Matt and Shelly's and go on an awesome date after the test to relax a bit.

Carissa J said...

Good luck! I'm sure it will be a breeze for him! His job title alone is proof that he is ready for the test!

Lakes are Great said...

Yay a hotel!

Brandon Johnson said...

Boy, that does sound pretty stressful! I'm sure Steve will nail it, but just in case you need some help we'll make sure and include you in our prayers. Good luck!!! Let us know how it goes.

Jenessa said...

Steve will do great! Don't stress too much. The test isn't the only thing they look at for applying--they want well-rounded people, which Steve is. Just relax and take the time alotted and I'm sure you'll do just fine, Steve! We're cheering and praying for ya...Love, JJJB

The Pyper Fam said...

my brother in law just took the mcat last friday here in Spokane. I don't have any advice, but I know that he is hating the anticipation of finding out how he did on it! They make you wait a month!!! I don't want to get your hopes up and jinx anything, but he said it wasn't as bad as he thought it was going to be, but he studied like a maniac, and if Steves good at taking tests (it took him 6 hours) and is a smart cookie, I'm sure he'll do great! :)GOOD LUCK!

Ang said...

good luck tomorrow!