Monday, June 2, 2008

A Question to the more experienced....

To those of you who have been moms and pops longer than me, or anyone with any ideas for that matter---I pose a question. Since my little gal has learned to stand, well, she won't sleep.

I go and lay her in her crib, then go to check on her 10, 15 minutes later and she is just standing there "chillen" and playing. I let her stay for longer, but get the same results. Someone, please, if you have any secrets on the always moving child of how to put them to sleep and have them actually sleep---please let me know. I NEED HER TO TAKE A NAP. I am convinced they don't need them, it is momma that needs them more (this also goes for bed time too)...

7 comments:

Sherri said...

The story of my life - children that won't go to sleep in their bed. Finally as the youngest is four they all do. It's been rough. I would just lower her mattress so she can't possibly fall out. Make sure there is nothing that can hurt her and let her fall asleep on her own. It's an adventure! Good luck!

Ang said...

I second Sherri there. Eventually she will get tired and go to sleep! I've always been a mom who nurses them to sleep. It's always a worry when they're young that they'll never learn to do it on their own but they always do (6 before my littlest one have!).
GOOD LUCK!!!

Mandi said...

Motherhood...isn't it great. I remember the days of wishing they could crawl...then they start and get into everything. Then they can stand. Yeah your baby is growing up, but that is all they want to do. She will get over it and will go to sleep. Just leave her alone and she will go to sleep. just wait for her to start talking..naptimes really get fun!

Pamela said...

We would give Kayla a toy that played music (to keep her entertained) and she would eventually get bored and fall asleep. Being by herself in the room isn't a bad thing. Getting her to bed at nighttime is the hardest for us right now...

Brandon Johnson said...

That's always fun...We have had the same problem with both Amora and Aleksia, but they just went to sleep after a while of standing and moving around. Plus, the fun and excitement of standing wore off eventually so they stopped doing it as much. I'm not sure if that is what you wanted to hear or if it is very helpful, but it sounds like most of the other commenters on here are saying similar things. Good luck with your little cutie pie!

JAMIE said...

Thanks guys, that is absolutley no help at all!!!! You guys are great though. At least I know you have been through it and survived

Jenessa said...

Sorry I'm late on commenting. It's not a bad thing if you need a break and she's just in her crib awake. As long as she's not upset, I'm sure you can get in a rest and she'll entertain herself or fall asleep. Good luck!:)