Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Breaking Dawn Party


There is so much to catch up on and so much to say....The final twilight book came out....


Like many things in my life---I like to go ALL out. We decided to attend the twilight party ( having Andy be babysat of course)

We wanted to go all out and dress up....But how do you dress up as vampires who just want to blend in???So we decided to dress up as vampires who go outside and sparkle...This pictures do not do it justice, it looks more like we have oily skin...but beleive me---we looked awesome.


To accent our pale features we wore black and darkened our tired eyes. We had so manyh sparkles...It itched so bad...I really wish the pics turned out with showing the sparkles. I am still cleaning them up....DAYS LATER>>>YIKES



There were several people who asked to take pics with us...I think people didn't know quite how to dress up. This one girl was dressed in a prom dress with a broken ankle ( clever).


I was not thrilled about waiting in line after we preordered and everything. Little dissapointed by the lack of enthusiasm. Needless to say...we stood out since no one in the thousands of people were really dressed up. We still had so much fun...


SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

This is going to make me way less POPULAR--but I was dissapointed. I lost many a sleep over reading this last book ( can't read until my baby goes to bed at night--first night I was reading until four am and up at 7).
Bella had a crappy attidude half of the time. There were about 6 people in our house reading their books all at the same time ( we had a rule of no talking to each other--crazy). Bella had this huge need for Jacob which almost made me put the book down and forget about it ( even before she was prego). Anywho...glad I read it...I was dissapointed on so many levels, but still love the book....I am glad she became a vampire..just still a little disspointed with Bellas attitude. She does not deserve Edward. He is too good for her and gives her whatever she wants. I, of course, cried with all the baby crap. Made me think of my perfect angel and the bonds of momma and daughter...You can't get it until it happens. I am ready to re-read it slower now for stuff I missed....Maybe I will like it more this time...

4 comments:

Carissa J said...

I went to a Breaking Dawn Party too. They were having people dress up in Brides Maid dresses because in the book Bella gets married. They had contests for the best Brides Maid dress. You look awesome in your picture. It makes me wish I wasn't so lame and would just do crazy stuff like you! Hee hee... I can't believe you were disappointed. Honestly, I thought Stephenie wrapped up EVERYTHING and I was so glad Bella didn't end up with Jacob (because he is WAY better than her)!!! I also thought Stephenie has improved a great deal as an author! I was really impressed with it. You should read it again now that you know the end. Maybe you'll like it more. My sister, Genelle, told me the end before I'd gotten half way through and I loved the book. Maybe that's the key. (Sorry, this was a freakin' long comment!)

Sherri said...

I did not attend a Breaking Dawn party. We went to see Batman in the theatre and didn't get home until 11:30pm. My friend and myself looked at each other and ran to Walmart to stand in the really long line. I read it like a madwoman. I loved it! Bella is finally grown up and dealing with mature problems and after 'vamping' stopped acting so dorky. The baby thing kept creaping me out and reminding me of Alien until she was born and not so gross. I am happy Jake is happy in the end as I think fans wanted that. I can't wait to read it again slowly and savor every morsel. Three other people have gone through my copy and I want it back NOW!

Heidi Hamilton said...

Jaime!
I saw this blog address on your Facebook. So good to see what you've been up to! Your little girl is ADORABLE. Just barely younger than my youngest. Looks like you're doing great! Would love to hear from you. My blog is jhhamiltonhappenings.blogspot.

iluvhm said...

SO glad to see that you went with your hubby! I took mine to the Breaking Dawn party in St. George. I loved the last book, it brought the story together nicely. I do have to agree with you about her, though. I don't think she deserved either of them. But who am I to talk, my husband is way better than me, too. I felt a little let down at the lack of action at the end. Not a lot, just a little, but the other three had such fireworks at the end, know what I mean. Aro is spooky-cool, BTW. Hey, we need to buy and island each co-owner gets it for a month out of every year, you in?