Monday, August 18, 2008

Rear Ended---FIRST AND LAST????

Last Tuesday I sat at a red light waiting for the opportunity to turn right. All of a sudden I hear a big BANG and am flinging forward a bit. I look back and realize that I have been rear ended.



I look even further back to see if the person who hit me must have been charged into because there is absolutely no way anyone would hit a stopped car..but no.


I pull over and try to breathe, not knowing how to handle what is about to come. I have never been in an accident of any kind, even as a passenger...so I was a little on the scared side. I was thanking heaven above that ANDREA was not in the car with me ( as I really was feeling the whip lash).

The Man got out of his car, claimed complete responsiblity ( I'll say) and was actually reallly decent. We called the cops, filled out a report and surveryed the damage. I really think I held it together pretty well considering. I didn't break down until after the fact.


The trunk of the car is just popped up and won't go down, but the damage waws estimated at about 2000 dollars. Crazy. Thank heavens I won't be paying for it. I was so mad that this came on bday week when we were planning to make a trip to st. george. We actually have a nice rental car and it is all working out pretty good.


Overall, I am still a little razzled and my neck is pretty sore and it is hard to turn...but I am grateful it wasn't worse. I hope this is the first and last accident of my life.

5 comments:

Sherri said...

So scary. You must have gone into shock a bit. At least you weren't hurt more. And the car should be a quick fix. What a nice man to have hit you. When my friend got hit from behind the girl came over and said 'You so could have made that light, it's all your fault". Of course the police saw it differently. Glad your ok. Have a fun trip to St George.

Me said...

Been there! I ended up going to the hospital, just in case with the whiplash, which in the end was a really good idea, cause their insurance had to cover my medical costs. So, a visit to the doctor, claimed on their insurance may not be a bad idea. Hope you feel better soon!

Mary

Sally F said...

Yuck. I've been there a couple times, and it NO FUN! I'd go get checked out by a chiro if you're still in pain. We did that, and I think it was worth the time (massages and electric therapy are kinda fun!); plus, it's taken care of by insurance!

Carissa J said...

I have been rear-ended before and it is awful! For about a year after, I would always check my rear view mirror whenever I stopped at a light, fearing the cars behind me wouldn't slow down! I'm glad you didn't have your little girl with you.

Brandon Johnson said...

Eww! Accidents stink! Actually the fault in a rear-ending almost always goes to the person from behind because they can almost always avoid it just by stopping/slowing, etc., while the person in front can almost never avoid it... That's not fun though! I'm glad you are safe and that your little girl was not there.