Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I got into it with a turkey...guess who won???


So, I got in a fight with the turkey today...Can you guess who won? Yes, it was definetly the turkey!!


Steve has to work tomorrow so we are having a me-him-and ANDY Thanksgiving today. Needless to say, I have NEVER made Thanksgiving dinner before, let alone a turkey...was a little overwhelmed. We thought we would make a joke of it, and if it all went bad then we could laugh about it and say we tried!!

I made a rasberry jello salad ( that is to die for) for dessert yesterday. Then on to the turkey...the first problem with the turkey=we only had it out to thaw for one day ( again, ignorant minds don't know it takes 2-3 days).
Thank heavens it isn't too huge and there are ways. Because of that, well, it makes things more complicated. I look at the turkey and I am told to take out the neck, heart and clean it out. Ok, so where exactly is all these things you are referring to?? I literally was wrestling with the turkey, taking scissors and cutting things up. I got junk ALL OVER THE PLACE!!
I have no idea what I am doing, and if I took everything out that I need. All I know is I have a turkey in the oven right now and so much more to do, yet, I am blogging. WISH ME LUCK!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

I am famous for not thawing the turkey soon enough. Two Christmas's we have eaten dinner after 10pm as that's when the timer popped up. Kids falling asleep at the table on that happy day.