Thursday, November 6, 2008

THe worst night...with a bit of inspiration...

Andy's room has been funny with her heat lately. So, last night I felt I really needed to go check out the temp of her room. I walk in the room only to hear her gasping for air!!! It was like she wasn't breathing at all...

I look down at her and she is covered in throw up!! I scream out to Steve to come and help me (what a Hero). We immediately give Andy a bath...

Steve takes her downstairs, while I start a shower myself as alot got on me...Then Steve come running up and puts her in the shower with me. Needless to say, Andy had one more bath on top of that.

We decided to have a sleepover in the front room and lay down with towels and blankets. Well, Andy went for 6 hours straight, stopping to take a nap, then getting up, rolling over and throwing up.

I did at least three loads of laundry last night. TO sum up---I am so tired, I don't know why I am even writing...just cause. I am so glad that Steve was on his week off. I would have lost it without him. HE gave her a blessing and we just held her all night. I am so grateful I was inspired to go check on Andy---I don't think we would have heard her.



I am so grateful my husband has the priesthood and was inspired to give her a blessing. I would not have been able to do it without him by my side.Say a prayer for our little Angel.

5 comments:

Jenessa said...

I'm so sorry to hear Andy's sick. It is really hard when they throw up all night--Jocey has had several bouts of the with her asthma. Usually it doesn't last more than 24 hrs (the vomiting)--hang in there! Love, Jae

Anonymous said...

Sick babies just break my heart! Bless that little child! As I was reading your blog and you talked about him giving her a blessing, I thought the same thing about how blessed we are to have priesthood holders in our lives. I still don't have one in my home yet ;( but I definitely still look forward to that day. I hope she's feeling better!

Chris & Stephanie said...

Poor baby (and mommy and daddy)! Thank goodness for inspiration and the power of the priesthood!!

Hopefully it's a 24 hour thing!

Lydia said...

It's amazing what things we are capable of as mothers. I remember when all I had to do was see someone else do it, and I did it too. But we rise to the challenge and I'm not a baby anymore about cleaning up the mess! Hope she feels better, Jamie!

Anonymous said...

My little girl was sick on the eve of her Daddy's birthday. I had work the next morning, so I really couldn't be up with her. So my husband got up with her, cleaned her up, and laid on the couch with her for a few hours until she went back to sleep.

I am so grateful to have such an unselfish husband who is a wonderful father. I was able to get enough sleep to go to work the next morning and not feel like death warmed over. :)

I hope Andy's ok...