Sunday, February 8, 2009

Falling in love again....

So, I first met my husband at church at a testimony meeting. He was at the pulpit bearing his testimony, I leaned over to my roommate and said " I WILL DATE THAT GUY!" (not marry, but Date--it wasn't until 3 years later---please).

He was so dang cute, had the greatest dimples and his spirit was so strong. I loved everything about his testimony. In his testimony I learned about his mission, his passions and what drives him.

I went up to him after the meeting and we became instant friends.

Well,
Today in church we had the opportunity to speak on charity. This was the first time I have ever heard him give and actual talk. Let me just say, it was like falling in love with him all over again. I just really loved the way he spoke and the spirit he had about him...Something about Sunday's always makes me look at him a little different.

Today was Cook Sunday...we also had talks in primary and teaching primary---I think it is funny how that usually works.

Thanks to everyone for all your advice on the talk. Here are some quotes I used in my talk:

Hinckley-
"There is nothing as energizing, as confidence-building as sustaining as the power of love. How substantial is its influence on the human mind and heart. Love is the very essence of life. It is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Love is the security for which children weep, the yearning of youth, the adhesive that binds marriage, and the lubricant that prevents devastating friction in the home; it is the peace of old age, the sunlight of hope shining through death.

"True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well-being of one's companion."

Joseph Smith-
"Love is one of the chief characteristics of Diety and ought to be manifested by those who aspire to be the Sons of God. A man filled with the Love of God is not content on blessing his family alone, but ranges through the whole world, anxious to bless the whole human race.


Elder Oaks-
" We are challenged to move through a process of conversion toward that status and condition called eternal life. This is achieved not just by doing what is right, but by doing it for the right reason, for the pure LOVE OF CHRIST. The reason charity never fails and is greater than even the most significant acts of goodness is that charity, the pure love of Christ, is NOT an act but a condition or state of being. Charity is attained through a succession of acts that result in a conversion. Charity is something one BECOMES."

2 comments:

Carissa J said...

That's sweet. I'm glad both of your talks went well. I love those quotes! Sounds like a busy Sunday.

Heidi Hamilton said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Those quotes fit very much in with "Fireproof."
Looks like you're doing great!! Your little girl is adorable.