Friday, February 20, 2009

Warning, this post is sad and a little gross!!!

These pictures really don't do justice to the problems we have been having in the Cook house.
First things first---yes, we are back to the frog arm again! After all we went through to get rid of it, it came back even stronger. We decided to finally try the duct tape route ( my own fam has sworn by this including some docs). After a week of duct tape, not only are the frog hands still there, but I have developed a very huge, very unpleasant rash! Done done done. Frog hands forever!!!


Other news---today was a really really sad day for us. We have this sort of booster chair that Andy eats her meals in. Well, I was doing the dishes and Andy was sitting and not wanting to eat her breakfast ( very typical), squirming...but breakfast before getting out right?
Next thing you know I hear this loud bang and she is face first on the floor, with the chair on top of her, and the tray of the chair shoved into her. I ran to her, of course there was blood all over. I cleaned up what I could then tried to calm her down and hold her.

I then started to freak so ran up to Steve when he immediately took her in his arms and she calmed down right away. Andy's whole left side of her face was immediately swollen, her lip huge and who knows what else. We were worried she had a concussion or something. Since I didn't actually see her fall, we don't know what hit where and everything.


After being passed between dad and mom for almost an hour, she threw up. She threw up a few times, waited, then threw up again. BLOOD. Anyway- Steve was thinking emergency room, but we just happen to have a well baby visit scheduled today, so I figured why wait in the ER for 3 hours when we can just go to the doc?
By the time we got to the doctor Andy was walking around, and as you can see, even smiling. The swelling has gone down, but she looks aweful it makes me just cry. It is even worse in person poor thing. The doctor didn't find anything to be concerned about, but wants us to keep a close eye on her. She still has a little bloody nose, but she is doing good...Just in a lot of pain. (her poor eye is swollen too)
As for now, she is taking a nap and I think I might join her. Go Cooks with crazy, sad, gross and disgusting things for the week. We have reached our quota--until next time!!



6 comments:

Jenessa said...

Poor Andy...poor mommy & daddy! Jocey did that on a swing when she was abt Andy's age and just today I tripped of Blake and she hit the side of the fridge and got a goose-egg on her forehead. So, be comforted to know that it happens with all little kids. They heal quickly, though. Sorry abt your warts, too. Wish I knew the secret to getting rid of them for good!

Wendy Babcock said...

Jamie! It is not that big of a deal if she doesn't want to eat her breakfast. Let the girl off sometimes! J/K Those pictures made me want to cry at the thought of that happening to anyone!

Anonymous said...

Poor little thing! It sounds traumatic for everyone involved ;( she's a trooper isn't she? and what is this about frog hands???

Sherri said...

Oh my goodness. Hang in there. The stories you will tell your grandchildren have to come from somewhere.

Lydia said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. Amazing how resilient kids are, but I think it's the parents that feel it long after the kid has forgotten. Ugh, I know that feeling in the pit of your stomach. Give her extra hugs & loves! Hang in there! So, are these frog hands something related to warts? I think a clarification post is needed! ;)

JAMIE said...

yes...warts...if you read some of my other posts about how long mrs. frog has been going on.