Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rob the Bank....

I am attempting to start my own new cliche-- "Rob the bank" (or rob THAT bank).

Let me explain:

If you are going to go through the effort of stealing from a bank, you better not walk out with just $100. If you are going to take the risk, and really get something out of it to make it worth it , it better be thousans, hundreds of thousands of dollars. Otherwise, why go through the effort?

Don't get me wrong, this is never an intention of mine ( although if one of my friends got caught for robbing a bank for $100, I would just laugh. This expression could be compared to "GO BIG OR GO HOME," but I think it just works better.

See,
In our families attempt to live healthier lives, we have also started counting points in a competition. One of the ways to earn points is not eat anything after 7:30. My husband (who I might add is one of the skinny people in the world and does NOT need to lose weight) joined the competition. Last night at 11 he was hungry, so he grabbed 2 string cheeses. He said, " there go those points for the day." To which I replied, "why don't you just ROB THE BANK." I mean seriously, if you are going to lose that point, don't waste it on string cheese....He then went to the kitchen, grabbed a potatoe,chili and corn ....His thighs won't see it in the morning!!

4 comments:

Lydia said...

EXACTLY!!! Which is why if I'm going to have dessert, I'm not going to scarf down bites between getting stuff for kids, etc. I will wait until kids are in bed, and then enjoy the calories for goodness sake!

Anonymous said...

Jamie i love you! You are my favorite! and very creative. So my mom told me you were over here the other day and i missed you guys, so so sad. i miss you guys like crazy... come play some time

Wendy Babcock said...

I totally relate! Just think though... your children will thank you for marrying a skinny father to help the gene pool. Doug is still as skinny as ever. I always get yelled at saying that I don't feed him. I DO! He just has a metabolism and I don't!

Jenessa said...

I'm with you...if you're gonna 'get caught' it might as well be for the 'big kahuna'! Oh those lucky people who have a hollow leg, as Joe call it!
It was so great to see you guys tonight. I've been missing something in my life--ah yes, adult conversation! Love ya...Jae