Friday, February 29, 2008

My Motivators

Sometimes in life, it is hard to get out of bed and get started. Sometimes it is easy to just quit and be lazy. I recently joined the gym ( a long overdue challenge of mine). It has been so wonderful and painful and all of the above. There are times when I just want to quite, or sleep. Then, I think of what makes me tick. I think of how I want to be around for a long time and what I really have as my motivation. So, more for my own motivation than anything--here is a few things that motivate me:

1. My husband- He has never ending faith in me and always makes me want to do my best. He truly is what I live for and all my dreams come true. I would do anything to make him happy. He truly is there for me through it all, and knows just what I need, even when I don't realize it.2. My baby- I just look at her and melt and want to be a good mommy for her. Thinking of how I want to be around for every second of her life is sheer motivation. She is MY little gal and I just want to teach her all she needs to know.3. My Sisters-There truly is nothing in the world like a sister, no one who can relate to you more and talk some sense into you more. No one who can be silly with you and just make you smile like your sisters (and no one to pretend they are better at piano than you)...4. My Brothers-Each one of them is so talented and amazing in so many ways. They all have this drive inside of them that just is fire. They know how to have a good time, and it is hard not to when you are around them. They are true examples, driving me to a better one myself.

5. My parents- I couldn't ask for better parents. They always expected the best out of me and didn't settle for anything less. They know just how to lend a hand and be supportive. They are people that when I am truly down, I know they will be there, armed and ready to listen.
6. All of my family- I have very close family from aunts and uncles to cousins and nieces and nephews. I really feel a closeness to them. I feel like they are all rooting for me--cheering me on in life.










7. My dearest friends--We live not so close to family, and it would be that much harder without the help of true friends. Friends who have been examples for me and stood by me not because they HAD to, but because of their true friendship.

8. My leaders--I have had so many amazing leaders and examples in my life. People who went out of their way to make me feel like an important person, and that amidst their busy life and all the people they had to help, I was important enough to be one of them.

9. All of my motivators are dear friends and people who will forever be a part of my life. My most important motivator would have to be the Savior. He is my friend, my rock, my REDEEMER. He is the true example, leader, brother, friend. He has ALWAYS been there for me no matter what. I appreciate all of my Christlike motivators in my life and only pray I could be a Christlike motivator in some small way as well....

6 comments:

H-less said...

This is my favorite post so far. I loved all that you said and you set it up with the pictures so perfectly. Thank you jamie. Sounds like you really have the right motivations. Especially the sisters.
Absolutely LOVE the new look! Looks Professional. Sorry I haven't been on as frequent. Not only have we had internet issues, but just extra daily things, you know how it goes. Anyway, this was really a treat for me today. I love you!

Kelli W. said...

This was a great post Jaime. Know what I love so much about your family? How much you all love and support each other. It's an amazing thing. Good luck on the gym thing. I need to do better at that!

JAMIE said...

I need some luck on the gym thing...It was hard at first--and getting easier, but in another way, getting harder....I need it though

Chris & Stephanie said...

I loved thist post, Jamie! It was so great to read and think about all of MY motivators! ;o) Thanks, I needed that!
I LOVE the new look of your blog! It's so peaceful and it's easier to see your pics! Love it!

Taffers Dawn said...

Such great motivators!! Jamie, my car is being fixed, once it's done i'm coming to visit!!!!

RaeLynn said...

I totally relate to you with the gym thing. (Aside from the fact that we're all sick right now) But really--it is HARD. You've got some good things to motivate you...keep it up, you'll be so glad you did :)