Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sick Days...


I just don't know what to think. Steve and I FINALLY have a night (and day and then some) on the town, taking the baby with us everywhere but the temple...then we get home and BAM! She is instantaneously sick. I literally don't believe it! (Maybe it is from those kids when I took her to the library for reading time--hmmm)

It is simply amazing how fast little ones get sick. She was perfect one day. Then we wake up and she is a completely different baby; coughing as if she were choking, throwing up, runny nose and a fever.


I called her doctor and he was very worried. RSV is in a rampage along with the pneumonia.
We went to the doc, and she isn't as bad as that. He said she has a case of the flu. We were told to do the ibuprofen, humidifier, saline solution little remedies (as babies can't really have much of anything).


Those are my little MIRACLES OF THE DAY---Ms Pamela introduced us to those saline drops a while ago. I haven't been using them as regularly and let me tell you, THEY MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Thank you Sara for your humidifier and thinking you wouldn't need it in Texas. I know you do, but we have very much appreciated it. I am still not exactly sure how it helps, but somehow, I know it really does. I finally figured out how to use it.

I really really truly hate sick days so much. I get too emotional when it comes to my baby. She has had an already crazy run of a life, poor little thing.

The doc recommended that we stay away from other kids for the next little while (not only cause her immune system is down and she could catch anything, but because she can give stuff to other kids).

Which, leads me to my next subject. I really think people should not only think about their children but other children when outside. If your kid is sick, think of how they can get all the other children sick if they are around them.

Needless to say, I have a little cabin fever and will be grateful to have a re checkup with the doc tomorrow so that I can get out of the house. Wish us luck and say a prayer for our little gal. She still isn't doing too hot and could sure use it!

11 comments:

Taffers Dawn said...

Not fun to have a sick baby! i"m sorry. I hope that she is all better now and life has gone back to normal. When am I coming to visit you?

Kelli W. said...

Hi Jamie! I'm sorry to hear your little one is sick. I know what you mean...it's so stressful to see your baby suffer and there is nothing you can really do to help her. I love the saline drops and the nose suction ball thingy is great for sucking out some of the yucky stuff so she can breath. I hope she's feeling better soon.

Jenessa said...

Sorry to hear Andy is sick. I totally agree with you that people shouldn't take their kids out when they're sick to just get other kids sick! It's so hard during the winter...Jocey had RSV at 11 months when the 'season' was almost over. Yeah, the saline drops are very helpful. Hang in there--we hope she feels 100% soon! Luv, Jae

Chris & Stephanie said...

Sorry to hear about your sweet little Andy! It really is so sad to have sick children! Keep up with the good meds! ;o)

JAMIE said...

The good news is that her "fever" is down..I guess...she seems to sweat now...I didn't think babies could do that! I never knew so much could come out of a little gal..!!

Clean Cut said...

No fun. No fun. There's something so sad about seeing a little baby sick and knowing that you really can't do all that much for them.

Sally F said...

It seems like sickness is so much more spreadable when that dry Utah air does its trick on the body. It seemed like Ty was sick all the time in Utah--so frustrating! Here in Texas, it's been better--except for the allergies/asthma.

That would be so exciting to have you guys down here, too! Come on...you don't really want to be a UTE, do ya?!

Page said...

We missed you last night. Hope your baby is back to better soon!

H-less said...

I am so glad that you have that humidifier, regardless of the fact that I've had to buy not one, but two others here. I think they are the best thing for sick babies.

I'm so sad she's been sick. We've seen our share this way too. Sounds like you are doing all the little tricks I've heard. You know that you can buy the adult version of the saline drops, same exact ingredients, same size of nose piece actually-WAY LESS MONEY.

COME TO TEXAS!!!!

JAMIE said...

Thanks sis, that is good to know...if they are the EXACT ingredients and same nozel---so dumb..I pay 3 dollars more just for a picture of a baby and for less of the product..stink

President said...

I just want to prove that I visit your site ha. I am so excited to see Andrea again. She is going to be so big. Let me know for sure the days you guys will be there so I can plan things k.