Sunday, February 3, 2008

We have a WINNER: CARROTS

I have shown pictures of Andy and solid food before. This, however, is much different. Before, it was our ATTEMPTS at eating. She would usually just spit the food out at me and look at me like I was torturing her.
(IF IT DOESN'T GET ALL OVER THE PLACE, IT DOESN'T BELONG IN YOUR FACE!)

Now...I think we have a winner. I am not sure if it was because she was starving, or she actually liked it. But , Carrots my friends...Carrots! She kept eating it and opening up for more. This was the first time she has ever done that. She loved it so much she just kept grabbing the spoon from me and , as you can see, getting it EVERYWHERE!I have been struggling with what felt like forever for her to eat and it has arrived. WE LOVE THOSE CARROTS!

6 comments:

Pamela said...

Sweet potatoes my friend. Kayla is fiend for them. Now her favorites are guava and mango.

Jenessa said...

As I recall, Jocey loved squash. Those yellow/orange vegetables are usually a hit! Way to go...it's probably not her first mess and won't be the last! She still looks darling, even with carrots all over!:)

JAMIE said...

It seriously was so exciting...i have been trying and trying...but she would just spit it out. SHe loved it! I thought I had tried something orange before...

ANy suggestions I need them all.
I know it just gets messier. I am learning to just strip her down to fee her. It is the only way to really do it.

I just don't know how often...anybody?

Sally F said...

Oh man, carrots stain like nothin' else! Ty also loved the squash, sweet potatoes, and bannana. Those are some WAY CUTE pictures!

H-less said...

It's so strange that they seem to love veggies that maybe we don't. I can't say Mora has any preference she will eat anything, but Addy loved the yellow/orange veggies as well, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, seemed her favorite. I am so happy andy found something. You do know that if they eat a lot of carrots though their skin gets orange, not a joke either. Looks like a cute little tan actually.

Pamela said...

So true about their skin turning color! We went to Kay's one year appt. and the doctor said she looked jaundiced. The culprit was of course sweet potatoes. Now we watch how much Vitamin A is in her foods, you'd be surprised how much there is in almost all baby foods!