Friday, February 8, 2008

Teeth Time!

"I am not sure what to think....Just chillin. Why is mom pulling that funny looking object out all the time, and flashing it at me?"

So, lately our little darling angel has been not her happy self. She has been crying alot and just a little moody. I was worried that she might be a little sick. After some fretting and extensive worrying, I found the culprit: She has two teeth on the bottom growing in! My little baby is really growing up. I can only imagine what this feels like for her. Let me just simply say that it makes momma feeding her a little more on the painful side---especially when she likes to play around...What a silly goose!

Speaking of being a silly goose-that is my new name for her. Goose! She is really just a big tease, I don't even know how she does it.

See, little Andrea has learned that her momma will come running if she thinks something is wrong. If she is coughing, for example I freak out.

So now, dear baby has developed what we lovingly refer to as a "fake cough". I wish I knew just how to describe it. She really just does the little Umbridge "humm uh uh hmm."

It is one of those things where you know, it is definitely fake and wonder how she came up with it. Steve just laughs and laughs at her when she does it. He encourages her to do it and says that it is a new form of communication. I, however, laugh as I may, am still a little bit skeptical. I would rather have her forming syllables. Once she gets going however, she starts laughing with us and giving us this grin as if to say "SEE, I GOT YOU. I RULE THE HOUSE...AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT."


I am so grateful for her little spirit and the joy she brings to both Steve and I and all those around her. What a little tease, or silly goose as I like to say (maybe even goof ball or goose goose, depends on how silly she gets!)


4 comments:

Chris & Stephanie said...

She is SOOOO adorable!! Isn't it amazing how they figure out exactly how to get your attention - and keep it! ;o)
I can't believe she has teeth coming through! My 10 month old is still gumming everything!

Jenessa said...

Looks like you're still getting quite a few cute smiles, despite the teething! Jocey does her 'fake cough' too because she knows I'll always ask if she's ok because any real cough means trouble with her asthma, but now she asks me if I'm ok if I ever cough, too. It's cute. Just be careful to not over-react to things because it can be detrimental in the long run (there's my child-psychology background coming out). She is a doll, though! Glad you have so much fun with her.

H-less said...

I just can't believe these pictures!!! I was just staring at them, thinking of the joy that she brings you and and Steve and feeling a part of that. I love the faking, I bet she'll get out of school for anything when she's older. Rightly so. I love her and miss her dearly. These little ones are a breath of fresh air on the blogs, since we've had so much other things going on. Missed them.

Nate Probert said...

jamesie!! I cant even tell you how cute she is.. You already know!! But I love the stories. they are always so much smarter than we give them credit for alot of the time. I cannot wait to have kids of my own, but until then good luck with her cough and her teeth, and please tell her uncle Nate loves her.