Friday, February 15, 2008

My Perfect Valentines!!! DIA DE AMOR!!!


A VALENTINE'S DAY TO REMEMBER!

What a truly wonderful adventure filled day! So much happened this past Valentine's day, I don't know where to begin...I guess at beginning, that is always a very good place to start. The Eve before Valentine's was horrific. The worst weather ever! The news said that it has NEVER been that bad on the roads. Aunt Bev was going to drive from Provo to Centerville, but only made it to Alpine...horrific and so many accidents... I digress.

I was watching the news and seeing all of this, PULLING A MOM and thinking of everything that could happen to Steve on his way home from work ( I forgot to mention that he took a very fickle car that hasn't been working too well , and that, of course, he had not charged his cell phone).

Needless to say, My hubby was not home at his regular hour...So, I panicked. I paced and went through every option possible. Which hospitals would I call? Who could come and help with the baby? What would I do if something unthinkable happened? Where would I go?


All of a sudden, my sweetheart came
walking through the door. My heart lept and I barely noticed all of the surprises in his hands (flowers being one of them). I RUINED THE SURPRISE!!! We decided I needed to go to bed and we would reenact what should have happened.


Steve came in the room and brought me a single white rose and a balloon (our very first dating valentine's was very similar). I then went out and he had kisses in the shape of a heart (when we were dating, he put kisses on my bed in a heart).
He is so thoughtful with how he remembers things, and brings back the love. This year, I got a dozen roses instead! I love it!


The Plan for the DAY
Our dear cousin Alex, and her hubby Sam were going to be sealed in the Salt Lake Temple this day so Steve and I arranged to have our momma (his mom) babysit while we participated in the sealing. We have not been to the temple in over 6 months, so I was REALLY looking forward to it.

I am not going to go into too many details (it was very sweet and I do not feel the need to share everything that went on), but I will say when Alex walked in with her pregnant belly, I almost lost it! She was so beautiful and happy. Sam was just wonderful. I kept thinking about my little gal and my husband and the promises we have made. There was very tender feelings, and I just was so overwhelmed with joy and gratitude and happiness.











THE PERFECT WAY TO SPEND VALENTINE'S DAY



I am so grateful that Alex and Sam let us be a part of their special day! Going to the temple on Valentine's day is the Best way to Celebrate!



















































You really can never go wrong with a trip to the temple! You guys are wonderful and we love you so much and are so excited for your little baby to be with you! What a beautiful family!


Out to Eat...and MORE.....Momma and Dad just loving their little gal all in red!

Steve and I had decided that we would try to venture out to Cheesecake Factory on the premise that we were not only celebrating V-Day, but his new schedule, the insurance we received, and a birthday or two, AND--we aren't going out to eat for a very very long time.!!! We went with a determination that we WOULD GO SIMPLY FOR THE EXPERIENCE (knowing full well there would be a wait, as I had called previously to find you cannot reserve). We arrive at 5:30 to find there is a 3 1/2 hour wait. NO JOKE! Determined, we put our names down and decide we would try a movie.




We knew that we were going out to eat all day, so hadn't eaten much. I told Steve I WOULD NOT last until 8:30. So we had to pull over to Arby's to get some relief. WE were searching and searching and searching for a theatre! Needless to say, we found it and changed our minds.

I was in no mood to go wondering the mall. So, we found a NickelCade (which I have NEVER been to before) and decided to just see what the deal was. They gave us a deal since we would not be there long. It actually was quite fun. There was this punching game that Steve and I both enjoyed. The only problem is that Andy did not appreciate the noise, so we did not stay there long!

We decided it was about time to return to our reservations (whatever you call it) anyway...Steve went inside, I stayed in the car and "fed" the little gal.

Finally we were there at the INFAMOUS CHEESECAKE FACTORY! It delivered! Andrea was quite a hoot. Our waitress (and everyone around her) loved her and her little red). She was on the table for a while, then the waitress brought us a highchair and a banana (she has never been in one).


I am so glad I brought a little spoon. Andy was amazing. She was eating it all up, loving every second of it, making everything so much more exciting and fun. Thanks, little gal, for giving us the perfect ending to the PERFECT DAY!


4 comments:

H-less said...

Way too much stuff to only comment once..
Let's see, i love that you had such a fun time nickelcading, cheescaking and all! Love that Valentines started in such a perfect way with a sealing. Love Alex and Sam so much and her beautifully perfect belly, so happy to see. Just really appreciate the entire post, especially the pictures. Not to forget darlingest Andrea Bev- I love her in red too!

Jewels said...

Hey, I'm glad you had a good Vday. If you ever by chance do absolutely need someone to watch little Andy for you let me know. I'd be happy to do it! :)

Jenessa said...

Your C.F. experience reminds me of when Joe & I went to the one in San Francisco on New Year's Eve and had to wait 3 1/2 hours (til 9 pm) to be seated and I was 5 months preg with Jocey! I was so famished by the time we ate. The only saving grace was that it's such good food!

Glad you had a wonderful Vday. Congrats to Alex & Sam. Alex is such a cutie! We should all do something together sometime.

I'd be willing to watch Andy for you, too. Come visit sometime! Luv ya, cuz--Jae

H-less said...

I thought you'd like to know about the visitor maps you can post on your blog. Just scroll down to the bottom of my blog and you'll see it. Kind of cool...