Sunday, February 3, 2008

Strike on Superbowl--or maybe supermarket

I wish I had the words to adequately describe my frustration yesterday which lead to my strike on superbowl today.

Let it be said that I hate shopping! I hate malls. I am not one of those girls that gets a high from doing things like that.

We were out of milk ( had been for days) and practically any food yesterday, so I had no choice but to go to the store. I know Saturdays are bad days to go...but yesterday was a completely new dilemma I have never seen.

I usually get my cart from the parking lot and push it inside, but I must have missed them (or so I thought). So I thought I would get my cart inside.

As I went inside Maceys I came to find there were NO CARTS ANYWHERE! In fact, there was a line to get carts. I wish you could have been there to actually believe this. It was THAT CROWDED! I hate shopping in crowds even more than I hate shopping.

I waited 10 minutes to get a cart to even start shopping. I talked to some workers and asked what was going on---I had NEVER seen anything quite like this. They told me that this day is second busiest only to the day after Christmas. I was confused. "Why?"

"Superbowl is tomorrow."

Again, "why?"

"Superbowl is tomorrow?"

Ok, so I am getting nowhere. All I know is that they just told me it was because of the superbowl. I am a fan of the game...LOVE IT. But when I heard that one of my least favorite experiences turned to an even worse one is because of the game....I just said, "I guess I need to strike the superbowl. This is ridiculous."

So, out of spite, I will not be allowing the superbowl on in my house today. I am not going to the store for a VERY long time. Steve can do the shopping---

On a better note., when I got home, Steve knew I was upset. So he brought in all the groceries and just cheered me up. Thanks sweetie, still no SUPERBOWL around me today!

Ok, maybe I am being a little too harsh...maybe I will watch a little of it. Ok, I will admit that I watched the last 10 minutes of the game...BUT I AM NOT GOING TO THE STORE FOR A LONG TIME!!!

13 comments:

Jewels said...

Oh Jamie,
You sure did miss out on a good game. Well, a good fourth quarter at least! It was great!

Jenessa said...

You did miss out--Tom Petty was awesome and some of the commercials like the planters cashews commercial were hillarious--all I can say is unibrow! lol Sorry it was so busy for you at the store. I went yesterday around 4 to the Smith's and it was pretty busy--I don't like how people just put their carts in the middle of the aisle and expect you to be able to get around them! Anyway, take a deep breath and all will be well! I wish the Patriots could've won and had a perfect season, but really I have no ties to either team...gotta love football, though! I remember on the mish that was our reward for making our tracting goals--I had a great time cheering against the opposite team that another big football fan (one of the elders) was cheering for. Fun to reminisce.

JAMIE said...

Honestly, when I am not tied to a team I really am not that into watching the game anyway. I do love the commercials, but I can watch those on line.

When I was at the store--a lady actually jumped in front of me and took MY CART! I was so upset...it really was a horrible experience.

On another note, I am glad the Giants won...simply because of the MANNING connections. I think it is cool.

Still on strike though...Steve can shop for dinner tomorrow

Sally F said...

Grocery shopping on just regular Saturdays in Utah is always chaotic, but your description of yesterday was CRAZY!

My first time grocery shopping on a Saturday night in Texas was such a shock, because I was expecting the big crowd that always stormed Macey's, and it was practically empty here! Couldn't believe it! I guess everybody here just goes out to eat on Sundays!

H-less said...

Oh' I loved hearing the tone of your voice when you called me from the store. That said it all really. I echo Sally...so strange here that saturday night just feels like any other day of the week. I can't believe the lines we waited in at that Smith's...had to get that 5% student discount. Love that you shared this. Love you

Anonymous said...

watch the superbowl? on a sunday? I am appalled!

Pamela said...

I've learned that the best time to do my grocery shopping is on a Saturday morning before Mark and Kayla wake. Now saying that, everyone knows my secret...

I hate Saturday shopping in this college town. There are so many idiots on the roads trying to get the last of everything. But, with the stores knowing that everyone will be out, they stock their shelves by Saturday morning ;) Plus, there are good discounts on day old groudn beef at Macey's that you can only get if you are an early bird. (not that the meat is old, it was just ground the day before)

This past Saturday morning, I laughed as I saw all of the employees sporting a team jersey. I will admit that there were more people shopping than normal for such an early time, but not to the extreme that you had to go through.

Just so you know, I think their third busiest 'days' are Mondays after FHE...

JAMIE said...

Andy is starting to wake up at six...steve sleeps way past that...I should try to go a different day completely. I am still saying I am not doing it, though for a while

Pamela said...

Oh my! Get that girl to go to bed later! Or, keep the room really dark so she still thinks it's night...

JAMIE said...

It depends on if she takes a nap---she will sleep through the night...but if she goes to bed by 9, she is up by 5:30. I need to go to bed when she does as well...

See, she sleeps in the same room as us as well---and Steve usually gets to bed really late. So, if she peeps I just take her out...any help?

Kelli W. said...

Haaa! That was funny! I went grocery shopping Sat night too in a blizzard. Pete kept calling me every minute (no joke) to see if I was safe! I told him don't worry, I'm not the only one out shopping tonight...the store was PACKED! Our Safeway is never even remotely crowden on a Sat night. It's all about the Superbowl. I only watched the last few minutes because Pete begged me to come watch!

JAMIE said...

i keep saying it, but I have learned my lesson. We are out of milk and I have not gone to the store---man we go through milk way too fast. I hope Steve is up for a trip.

I know, it is mainly in Utah--but I still think last saturday was bad everywhere. PEople think it makes a good date---that is ridiculous. I don't let steve go with me anymore cause he slows my pace down...

Nate Probert said...

I hope you got to watch some of the game, it was absolutely amazing ha ha. No I know what your saying about the shopping, I had always assumed it would be busy but I never really talked to anyone about it. I remember having a very similar conversation last week. And apparently it was the angry wives that would come into the store on sunday because of something the husband may have forgotten haha. But The Unbeatable Patriots were finally takin down and by a humble little man, and you can't hate the mannings, they just look amazing. Anyways. I can picture you at the store being all frustrated with the people ha ha, maybe its cause thats where I sometimes let myself get the most upset. love love