Wednesday, February 6, 2008

TRUE DEDICATION: SUPER TUESDAY!


The moment we all have been waiting for has arrived: UTAH GETS TO VOTE IN THE PRIMARIES!


Being married to Yankee Doodle myself (yes, he WAS born on the 4th of JULY) we needed to do whatever was necessary to have our voices be heard and vote on Super Tuesday. Steve is registered in Layton. So, yes folks--we drove an hour and a half just so he could vote with the other 89 percent in UTAH. I am so proud and glad that we did it.
( I am so excited that my daddy voted)

I will say that I am disappointed, to say the least, in America. I am ashamed of our ignorance and how easy we fall for scams. We have taken reality TV way too seriously. Choosing the President of the United States is not a game of survivor where we make alliances and then break them to get ahead and just "vote someone off the island because they are not popular." This is our lives we are playing with. It should not be defined by party lines. It should not be defined because I am a POW or a woman or anything like that. The president should be able to make the necessary changes and know how to make AMERICA a better place.

Now that I have ranted about that I want to say I am proud of all of you that made the effort to vote. If we can drive and take almost five hours (that includes the wait in line to vote and the ride back home) out of our day to vote, then anyone can drive the five minutes to do it. There are no excuses! There are still some of you who will get that chance. Take it. Use your voice!

3 comments:

Jenessa said...

Good on ya mate for voting! Wish the primaries were turning out a little diiferent than they are, but at least Utah hadit right...

H-less said...

I LOVE My yankee doodle brother (yankee go home)! SO SO Proud, you already know that, That you voted. I am so sad that I have had to wait so long. This may be the only time you hear this,but Go Utah! (Normally go Cougars). That pictuer is so classic, really one of my favorites. I thought of you when I saw the exact numbers. One of the 4 million that have voted for mitt, crazy huh? 4 million!! McCain is at 4.7 milllion, not too different.

I so much appreciate your enthusiasm!

Sally F said...

I was only a week off of July 4th in the bi-centennial year. I guess that year was a big deal, but I don't really remember it! Fireworks on your birthday? Cool. McCain for President? Not so cool.