Monday, April 28, 2008

4 Days in 1

I am so proud of myself! I don't remember the last time I said that. Today, I really feel was one of my most productive days ---I AM EXHAUSTED!!!!
Things I did:
1. Laundry---this included 3 trips to the car, because we had so much and Andy was in my arms the entire time!!! I still have a whole other load left.



2. Changed our forwarding address with everyone who needs it. This is more work than I realized. It takes a lot of thought for one to come up with all of the people and places who need to know where you will be living ( this doesn't count fam and friends).

3. Took apart our lamp, and bathroom bin and packed it. I was debating whether to take them apart or not...in the end I think we need more space for other things. This took quite some time as Andy was fussy the whole time.

4. Packed up half of our decorations, most of our books, and other various items. Don't get me wrong, there is still soooo much more to do---but I made a small dent that I feel good about.


5. Made dinner. On a normal given day this is a feat in and of itself. Grant it, I just put a frozen meal in the oven, but I still made the effort which has been hard lately.

6. Bought groceries. This was more getting things for Andy than real groceries--we still need some, but I got a few necessities.


7. Gave Andy a bath. This is a "mommy" thing...but has turned into HUGE projects lately as Andrea really does not like baths for some reason---she is terrified of it. So, this takes a whole lot more soothing than usual.

8. Made a post!!!


I hate to admit that just one of these items usually overwhelms me---I am sorry, just being honest. I am not one of those momma's like my sis who has a spotless house, dishes done and dinner ready every day. I just get so worn out so much more easy after I had a baby. I wish I didn't, but I do---and I try so hard. It is ok that I didn't actually FOLD the laundry, and I have more dishes to do and my house is a mess....I did something.

I have to give myself props because if I don't I will get so overwhelmed with the coming weeks. I have learned I have to stop comparing myself to everyone else and what they can do as well. I really am not a fan of moving, so I am going to take it one day at a time!!! Here is to me doing 4 days worth of things in one...not sure if I can do it again!!

9 comments:

Ang said...

Good job Jamie! Don't worry, even those who seem like a super-mom get thrown off when they have a baby. I even have lots of arms to take care of mine and I feel so good about myself if I get my bed made and my dishes done. It's tough! I always reward myself for the little things (like the Artic Circle commercial - so silly!)

Taffers Dawn said...

That does sound like a lot of stuff!!! Good job!!!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about not having the energy since having a baby to do all that you need to do. Not only do you have less energy but the baby/babies take up so much more time and effort. It is amazing that mothers get as much done as we do. I am always reminding myself not to compare but it is so hard! Good for you for 4 days worth of hard work!

The Pyper Fam said...

I am very impressed! I am like you and have to just tackle on thing at a time. I really have to like figure out the one big thing I want to accomplish for the day, and I just try really hard to get that done. It doesn't always work out, but I like to think that I'm a work in progress on this whole mommy/wife/domestic diva thing! :) Like today, Its laundry. I have a few piles throughout our house, and I am here blogging..... :) go figure...I'm tired and Tucker is sleeping and I'm goign to treat myself to a few mintues to catch up with friends and blog.... Anyway, I'm impressed! And moving on top of it all, thats alot! You deserve a treat! Steve better be good to you! :)

Shawn and Rachel Smith said...

Way to good Jamie. I am so very impressed. Wow I keep thinking of how I will have energy when the baby comes, how easily I have forgotten thanks for the reminder I better get what I can done now. You are an inspiration. keep up the great work. Love ya.

Carissa J said...

That's awesome, Jamie! I think mother's are amazing. I'm way to selfish with my sleep and time. But don't you get a high from accomplishing so much? That's the best feeling.

Sally F said...

That sounds like a great day, Jamie! I stopped the comparing a long time ago. I just know myself and what I'm capable of, and I do what I can.

Jen Bowen said...

The little things add up. Good job!

H-less said...

Ummm...I just have to say that my husband just got home from work and I have a sink full of dishes and am offering him left overs for dinner. You are so funny that you see me the way you do. It encourages me to be more like you think I am.

You really got so much done, wow! And I bet you were ready for bed by the time it rolled around. I love you James. Please don't ever think your less than anyone else just because you can't see all that is going on in their kitchen sinks. Love you, so excited for your day!