Sunday, April 20, 2008

Singing Sunday!!!

I had the privilege of being able to sing during Relief Society today. On the mission, I learned a song from my hijita called "Dios Esta Aqui". I sang that with her almost every day. It was something that got us through the hard times, and something that always just helped to bring the spirit to me.

A really tender and sweet lullaby that singing with Steve has made even more tender. I love that it is something we share together.


I truly enjoy the opportunity to share my gifts with others. While I prefer harmony, not because I am scared or can't do a solo, but I think that is pure beauty there and talent---the talent to HARMONIZE ( I digress)....Anyway, it was still a very enjoyable and pleasant experience. I just was happy to be asked in the first place to do it.


I explained my connection with the song before I sang it, and I really feel the spirit of the song was portrayed. So, thanks for allowing me the opportunity, and maybe one day Steve and I will be singing together in sacrament.

4 comments:

Carissa J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carissa J said...

Oops, I accidentally deleted my original post. Anyway, your voice is so gorgeous. I'm glad you had the opportunity to sing in church. Your family is very musical, right? I love getting together with my family and everyone crowds around the piano to sing hymns or do an impromptu recital. I love music. Yes, I studied Sociology. That's so cool that you did too! I love it.

Ang said...

Jamie, I wish I could hear you sing. It is so sweet that Steve sings so you can enjoy that together. Dave and I met in the Ricks College Symphony and that is something that is really special in our marriage - the love of playing music. I'm so grateful for that.

Page said...

I just have to say that the song you sang in RS is still in my head! I really liked it and am glad you shared.