Monday, April 21, 2008

An Ode to the 9 month checkup!!!


People who don't even know me can sense right away that I am a little bit of a sap. Andrea had her 9 month doctor appointment today, and before I get to how it turned out, I just want to say how it ended: WITH ME CRYING! (I should note that everything was just fine....)

That is right, I had to say goodbye to this doctor (Dr. Willmore) who truly has been so wonderful and helpful and just a great overall person. He has been there for a lot with our little family. He even went to school with my brother-in-law Johnnie. It just is rare when I have found a doctor that has gone the extra mile for me, and someone who has helped and gone above and beyond the call of duty. So, here's to Dr. Willmore--you will be missed, and we hope we can find someone as great as you and that Steve can be just as wonderful a doc someday( and I know he will be).
As for Andrea:
weight: 15 lbs. 14 oz.
Head
: 44

Height:26 1/2 inches.

She is really "thin" for her age, but she always has been, considering how early she was. The doctor wasn't too worried. She just hasn't grown as much as we'd like, but not bad at all. The little "indent" in her chest is nothing of concern. In fact, I never really thought of it until now. It is just a small deformity that doesn't do anything---just like having a mark somewhere. Overall, Andy is doing pretty good---and she is getting as "personality" as ever. You gotta love that little gal.
Again, I am feeling really nostalgic this week. I haven't been going to school for a couple of years, and the doc appointments is the one connection I have had with school. It is all just a little crazy. Our first home together we will be leaving soon. I never thought I would be back at BYU, but I came. So, who knows. Somehow, though, I know this is it this time around. On to a very emotional week for me---I will have updates!!!

5 comments:

Ang said...

You're so sweet. I love that I'm not the only baby around. My kids laugh at me. They laughed at me when I was balling at the solemn assembly during conference and it made me mad! You never laugh at someone who cries! I think it's very sweet that you get emotional easily even at doctor appointments!

JAMIE said...

I did the same with conference. I have always been a little bit of a sap, but it got worse when i had a baby. Now I feel my emotions are always just on the surface ready to burst. I just notice and feel more than every before. Some of my fam who haven't been around us since Andrea was born can sense a dif.

Carissa J said...

You're so cute. Tons of my friends have said the same thing, that after they had a baby their emotions became more intense and they cried a lot more frequently. I think it's sweet. Sometimes I just feel so much better after a good cry :)

Pamela said...

We had Kay's 18 month appointment on Monday...more shots...I wanted to cry as she clung to me in tears. She's healthy but still small. I hate how they do the percentile charts, I think they tested the wrong kids when they put them together!

Sally F said...

Ty had Dr. Willmore when we were at BYU, too! LOVED HIM! Such a caring and calm way about him.

This post had me getting all nastalgic for our time at BYU. Such great times, huh?