Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Life Savors???

Discovery number 2 from Easter St. George:

MY FAMILY DOES LOVE ME EVEN THOUGH THEY DIDN'T SAVE ME!

Ok, so that deserves an explanation...a little narration to describe my scare:

One night my sister made an incredible meal for the whole family. We all couldn't fit around the table, so were spread throughout the condo.

I was sitting next to mom, dad, Mckay and Spencer while Sara was in the kitchen. The rest were in the other room, and Steve was tending to Andy.

I was munching on some fruit salad when, as you can guess from the pic below, something got lodged in my throat. We have all had that happen to us once or twice right?
SOo, I decided to try and swallow.


This incident was completely different than a typical something being stuck in your throat. I felt my airway kind of clog up, and wasn't really sure what to do. It was just freaky. By impulse, I stood up and looked around. No one really seemed to be paying attention to me.

I grabbed at my throat and here is where the fun stuff happens. Everyone just looks at me. My dad grabs a bowl and puts it in front of me ( we now tease him about that), and Sara says "she's choking!"

Long story short, I managed to gag myself and the piece of apple came flying out of my mouth. The weird thing is that the apple was not that big at all.

Anyway, Sara said she was ready to come and save me. Steve was busy with Andy and ready...but the rest? hmmm....Well, most of them admitted they either didn't know what was going on or didn't believe me, claiming I am too "drama" sometimes that it is hard to know what is going on.

Me, Drama? are you kidding? Ok, so really, it was scary. Never experienced it before. It is now the family joke, still not believable....Thanks Sara and Steve for being willing to save me...

As to the rest of you---let's all hope there won't be a next time, but just in case---BE PREPARED!!!

5 comments:

kayliebev said...

well excuse me... I think it is pretty darn rude to say everyone else but sara and your little sweetie didnt care that you were chocking. Just to remind you I wasnt even in the room! haha. Love you jamie. wish i was there i definetly would have saved you and you know it! i miss ya already!

Sherri said...

I'm so glad you are ok. Such a scary thing. My friend choked on a chip home alone and had to give herself the heimlick on the counter edge. I'm sure your family will believe someone if this happens again - learned their lesson.

Sally F said...

That is kinda funny and sad and scary all at the same time! I'm afraid my family would have had the same reaction!

Taffers Dawn said...

Well, i'm glad that you are okay!!! I hate that feeling? It's only happend probably once but it was enough to make me not want it agian.

President said...

Our plan was ruined!!!! Spencer put that one apple peice in your bowl and it did exactly what it was suppose to.... ha kidding!!! it was kind of funny in the end ha ha good times...