Monday, April 14, 2008

Saturday choice with a NEW MORTAL ENEMY!!

I want to start out saying that this last Saturday really was wonderful, except for one part which I will get to later.

Steve had signed up for the 3-3 bball (refer to previous post "Spread out the Love") so our day was decided for us. I was hesitant, but went along for support and family time. The weather was incredible, just what Provo needed. We arrived at Steve's work party to see a mini carnival taking place. Free food, rides, drinks, treats. WOW. I had no idea. There was music going, volleyball and basketball tournaments, cash prizes, a cash machine, big teacup ride, three blow up slides and games. So much fun! I was, needless to say, pleasantly surprised.
Unfortunately for Steve, his team lost both the bball and volleyball in the first round. We still loved it, and took Andy down the BIG slide, which kind of scared her.

It actually turned out well because we were able to make it to our ward party. It was really good to see all the friends we have made over our time being here. They didn't have dessert at Steve's place, but they did at the ward.
Just so pleasant to be outside. They played a giant game of twister, and Steve was really loving it. I was being the obnoxious wife on the side trying to tickle him. What a blast!
I was just so happy to be able to make it to at least 2 things on our list.


Our day didn't end there. The tragedy I will save for last. Steve and I had it planned all week that we would finally put Andy's crib together ( yes, she has never had one, so I was excited). Let me just say that we put half of our appliances and furniture together when we first got married. I don't really know why, but we love it. It is really fun time together just trying to figure out maintenance on OUR things. It gives you a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment. We really do love doing these little projects ( even though Steve did most of the work, I handed him the tools while keeping an eye on Andy). Love it though.


On to my MORTAL ENEMY:

In between the activities and crib, I went to get some groceries at the store while Steve watched Andy. I was walking up the stairs with my hands full of groceries, on the phone with my sister, when I see this wasp follow me. I was at the door when it landed just below my wrist, and you can guess the rest. My enemy went for the kill. I hung up the phone, and screamed really loud. It hurt REALLY bad. Steve came out and said "kill it".

I dropped the groceries and ran after it with a vengeance and stomped him. After about an hour my whole arm was swollen from my wrist down to my elbow and I didn't feel like I could move my hand. It really really hurt. Steve felt bad for me and tried to help out.

That night I couldn't sleep cause it was throbbing. It was a little better the next day, as it was only red, hot and swelling halfway down my arm. Yesterday it was just really itchy. So, we are on two days later and it still hurts, itches and I just don't want to move my arm.(this pic is 2 days after the fact...you should have seen it yesterday--not good pic too)

I now forever have a new mortal enemy. You better watch your back!!!



6 comments:

Jen Bowen said...

Yikes! Bee stings are rough. I wonder what made that wasp come out of no where and sting you. I didn't think they usually did that. It was fun seeing you be the "obnoxious" wife on Saturday. Congrats on the new crib!

Jenessa said...

Sorry about the bee sting. Jocey got 2 in the same week last summer--right around the 4th of July poor thing. Glad things worked out for you to have an enjoyable day. We didn't make it to the game, either--still recooperating from influenza. Glad you got the crib up--I love working on stuff with Joe, too--it's usually me just watching, but it's quality 'spouse time'! Luv ya--Jae

Ang said...

Poor Jamie! That looks so painful. You will never be the same again around wasps/bees. I bet you are traumatized forever! Glad you had a fun Saturday.d

H-less said...

I still can't believe it because you were actually so calm on the phone...oh' my! the weltish swelling...Jamie, you must be allergic like spence is. That slide looks like a blast! The thought of Andy going down it, oh so cute and shocking I am sure. Love you...finally made it back to the site

JAMIE said...

I am pretty sure I am allergic, this was no little reaction. I will never be the same, it is true

Lakes are Great said...

i HATE bees...i'm sick for you!