Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Because I love you....



Today was the big IMMUNIZATION DAY! I know I tend to dramatize things up, but it truly is an ordeal for me. I was crying even before we left. I was very nervous so I asked Steve to give her a blessing (more for my sake, of course). It did the trick (until we got there)...

We added the flu shot on top of all the others and I BEGGED the secretaries to ask the nurses if they could have someone else hold her down during her shots.













See, I did not want to be the bad guy and have her wondering why I let this happen. We went into the room and I asked the nurse myself to get someone else to hold her down. She replied, "You are the mom." I said, "I know, that is the point. Because I am the mom, I want YOU to be the one she associates with pain."

The nurse won out of course, as Andy was given two shots in each leg and screamed the scream of death. I, of course, started crying right along with her. I whispered to her, told her I loved her and because I loved her is why we were doing this. It is better for her to have it done, and something she will understand later. I told her I thought it was probably harder on me.

This got me thinking about how God reacts to our pain. It hurts him to see us in pain, and I know he would do anything to stop it, to take our place. He does not know why we sometimes choose to take the wrong path. I am sure he gets upset with some of our choices.

I have looked at Heavenly Father in a different light after being a parent. I know I can never fully comprehend his love for us, but I feel I understand it in a different way with my child. I think, WOW if GOD loves me and worries about me HALF as much as I do for my baby then WOW... I have never felt such concern, pride, joy and love in the same light as I do for my child. I know he loves me even more. Whenever I think I am doing something that will not bring me close to him, I think of how I would feel if Andy were doing the same thing to her momma.

3 comments:

Taffers Dawn said...

Hey! It's Kathi Jensen.
I don't blame you for being nervous about the immunizations! i"m so sorry! Hopefully you wont have to go through that for a while!

H-less said...

It is so sweet to think of you in there crying with her. I know thats the worst. I thought I had a hard time, but not nearly as much as you. My gals scream but then seem to get under control. It is amazing how your perspective on Heavenly Fathers love changes when you feel the love for your child.

Amelia said...

Hi!
Thanks for leaving comment, yup. Living in Scotland! Loving it. Will come and check your blog from time to time! Cute baby!