Saturday, January 19, 2008

A "Tragical"day (as Anne Shirley says)

Yesterday I went and put Andy in her little swing chair...I locked everything in place and then for some reason Andy started screaming. I couldn't figure it out. I kept moving things around, she hadn't fallen, i didn't drop anything on her. The more I moved things around, the harder she screamed.

Come to find out, I had locked her little bare skin leg into the lock, her body was clamped into it. I got her out immediately as she did her scream of death. Thank heavens Steve was there because I just lost it after that and started crying myself. I kept rocking her and telling her I was sorry.

I really don't know how to describe what I felt as I looked at my baby and knew I had caused her pain. It took me a while to compose myself and realise I was not a bad mommy and that she would forgive me much faster than I would forgive myself. What a trooper. I don't think I will be putting her in her swing for a while.

Today at church was so hard. For some reason Andy did not want to eat and did not want to stop crying. I tried to take her out and feed her but she kept screaming. So, Steve had a go at it. We eventually had to leave church and come home, hoping there was something we could do. She continued to scream no matter what we tried. We finally let her scream herself to sleep. It was hard. I was worried. We still aren't sure what happened or is going on, perhaps she is teething. Nonetheless, it was a very "tragical" 2 days...

6 comments:

H-less said...

I am so glad to hear that she ate finally and slept. I can totally relate to those feelings of "how did I let this happen to my child"...brace yourself for feeling that a few more times. You are her perfect Mom.

Page said...

Thanks for sharing your blog!! I will now become a dedicated reader, as blogging and reading blogs is my activity of choice while nursing. You have some great pictures of the cute Andy. I can't believe how much she looks like Steve when she smiles!

Sally F said...

Yikes, isn't that the worst?!? Thank goodness children are so forgiving!

Who's Anne Shirley?

JAMIE said...

Tell me you are kidding about ANNE SHIRLEY? Anne of Green Gables? She is so dramatic I love it. She always has something drama happen and talks about her tragical experiences and how she will NEVER recover

Sally F said...

My mom bought me the books, but I NEVER read them! I guess I was more into Nancy Drew, the Babysitter's Club, and Sweet Valley Middle School (my Mom wouldn't let me read Sweet Valley High).

Maybe I should revisit Anne Shirley.

JAMIE said...

you never watched the movies? Loved the babysitters club and sweet valley high